Terrova

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Last weekend my trolling motor would shut off, the hand held would say no trolling motor found. Anyone have similar issue? If I turn bow mount off and back on it would go like normal but sometimes would shut down, all connection are good with plenty of power. T I A

Green hornet

Last weekend my trolling motor would shut off, the hand held would say no trolling motor found. Anyone have similar issue? If I turn bow mount off and back on it would go like normal but sometimes would shut down, all connection are good with plenty of power. T I A

I had same problem. Terrova kept shutting Down under heavy loads in current…I re wired from battery to plug with all new connectors and heavier gauge wires. I also put a new breaker in as mine was a 40amp .I replaced breaker with a 60 amp… The 40 never tripped but the 80 # draws 55 amps

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

I was having similar issues this spring. Like Green Hornet I upgraded my breaker from a 40amp to a 60amp. Even after that I had a couple cut out issues. So I also replaced the electrical plug to a Marinco 70A 3-Wire Trolling Motor Plug & Receptacle Combo and it have not had any cutout issues since.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Had the same problem few years back. Replacing the plug to the Marinco 70 A 3 wire took care of the issue.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Thanks guys! I found my male plug was seeing better days!! Got new plug and will cross fingers think it was my problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.