Terrova

• grizzly
    nebraska

Does anyone else have trouble with terrova turning off while on spot lock? Was in 2 ft waves. 36 volt,72 inch shaft. New this year but has worked good till this last time. Green light on motor never went out and batteries are good. Hit spot lock again and it would work again for a bit and go off again

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Is it the touchscreen controller? I know guys that have those and they can sometimes get bumped and turn off.

I have a 36v terrova with no issues.

grizzly
    nebraska

Is it the touchscreen controller? I know guys that have those and they can sometimes get bumped and turn off.

I have a 36v terrova with no issues.

no and remote was laying on the dash and out in the open

pete grassl

not trying to derail the thread but can you even buy a terrova anywhere
    right now that is reasonable?

grizzly
    nebraska

Matt does your motor shaft slide up and out of the mount in bigger waves

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

had this happen a time or 2 over the years with my first gen terrova i-pilot. need to just unplug it and plug it back in. voila… but rarely happened.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have the 24 volt and have had no issues except a few weeks ago my remote all the sudden was no longer paired up. Tried again later and worked fine.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Mine does this occasionally but not enough that Im concerned about it. Still works far better than older versions.

Charles

Mine does it but my remote shuts off pretty sure my battery is shot.

snelson223
    Austin MN

My motor bounces in bigger waves.

grizzly
    nebraska

I’m kinda missing my Ulterra. Never had a issue with it

deertracker

Mine doesn’t turn off on spot lock however my remote loses connection when it’s at 9 or 10 power. No issues under those power settings.
    DT

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Mine was doing that and the gear housing was shot. Mine is a 2019 and it started doing that at the end of last year. Luckily it was under warranty and didn’t cost anything.

mojogunter

So you’re the one that didn’t have an issue with their ulterra. I had heard stories of this and thought it was like finding a unicorn in the pasture. grin

Umy
    South Metro

My 2015 Terrova works perfectly. I’ve had it in waves like that up in Canada.
    The only time I was having problems with it was when the big batteries were tired or when the battery in the remote was low. I have two remote batteries and a charger for in the boat so If it does get finicky I switch out batteries and it works perfectly. One of the BEST features on my boat is Spot Lock….

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Matt does your motor shaft slide up and out of the mount in bigger waves

No – is the collar tight? I wonder if the motor is getting jarred and it’s causing the issue. Mine is rock solid when in the wind or waves. Sometimes I need to watch and make sure the shaft seats itself fully….if yours is bouncing make sure the collar it good and the shaft is full seated.

Only time mine has shut off a couple of times is if it freaks out in the current on the river and wraps the wires….then it’ll come off spot lock and re-center itself.

grizzly
    nebraska

Will be back on the water Thursday so I will check it out a little closer. Just trying to get this figured out,leaving for LOTW for the summer in a couple weeks and don’t want to fight it up there

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Matt, what year is your trolling motor?

They redesigned the collar on the Bluetooth motors. The older ones with the collar that had 2 half moon shapes stayed where it should way better.

I had the same problem as you are having Grizzly on the Terrova I bought a couple of years ago before I got the boat I have now.

We are heading up to LOTW Friday afternoon. I am excited. Hopefully I have some pictures to send you Saturday morning. peace

Umy
    South Metro

They redesigned the collar on the Bluetooth motors. The older ones with the collar that had 2 half moon shapes stayed where it should way better.

I had the same problem as you are having Grizzly on the Terrova I bought a couple of years ago before I got the boat I have now.

We are heading up to LOTW Friday afternoon. I am excited. Hopefully I have some pictures to send you Saturday morning. peace

That “half moon shapes” might be my year (2015) cause that sounds familiar. Mine was broken and had a hard time “seating” itself – that could have caused spot lock problems the couple times I had them I suppose and I had new ones put on last summer. Seems pretty solid on lock.
    Too bad Grizzly is having problems.

grizzly
    nebraska

So you’re the one that didn’t have an issue with their ulterra. I had heard stories of this and thought it was like finding a unicorn in the pasture. grin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzly wrote:</div>

I didnt have any troubles with my ulterra but read enough horror stories about guys who did so i bought the terrova on new boat. maybe i was wrong, time will tell

grizzly
    nebraska

Good luck and hope to see you in a couple weeks

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks. I hope someone has a fix for your Terrova. I am hoping to be up there still when you come up.

royalfish

My Terrova kicks out of spot lock at times as well. Mine is a 2018 or 2019 bluetooth model so it is fairly new.

I believe the issue comes from losing GPS signal and there is not much that can be done about it. I don’t know this for a fact, but if I look at my remote after it kicks out I notice that the signal is weak or not there at all. Some places/days it will kick out frequently and other times I can go for months without losing it so it is annoying but nothing beyond that.

grizzly
    nebraska

Thanks. I hope someone has a fix for your Terrova. I am hoping to be up there still when you come up.

I will give you a call later today when time. Talk later

grizzly
    nebraska

Plastic on top of motor where shaft slides down to lock in place broke so it keeps slipping when turning. POS

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.