Technically, the boat is not put away

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Never thought this would happen, but may not be done with the boat after all!
    Forecast courtesy of Novak Weather

Attachments:
    1. 8B1ABB1D-7890-42EC-8AE5-5ED19D0D8966.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m seeing 53 degrees on Saturday in southwestern MN. Even near 60 in parts of South Dakota.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

That’s some cold winds at 20mph, but you’re right, might be another trip on the horizon. You can always hide from the wind somewhere.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Looks like some great deer hunting weather to me!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was thinking the same

ThunderLund78

My hunt is over and currently I have 53 lbs of meat in a cooler on my deck that I don’t have freezer space for. I told my wife that if it doesn’t stay cold, we’ll need another freezer (we already have 2). She basically said it’s over her dead body. It will be interesting how the next week plays out in this house jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

My hunt is over and currently I have 53 lbs of meat in a cooler on my deck that I don’t have freezer space for. I told my wife that if it doesn’t stay cold, we’ll need another freezer (we already have 2). She basically said it’s over her dead body. It will be interesting how the next week plays out in this house jester

i have freezer space!! whistling whistling whistling mrgreen rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Maybe in the Metro. I kind of doubt you could get a boat into the water at most of the landings in my area. If so I think you would have to smash some ice at some point

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m going to have a similar situation if I put another deer down. 1/4 of beef coming Wednesday that is going to fill up what room I do have, and some venison sausage at the processor still too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We got 3 but a deer really doesn’t take much freezer room. So I’m still looking for that one more. I passed so many doe this weekend it was in real. Must have seen 100 but only 2 small bucks. The king is playing it smart and staying put till dark.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Maybe in the Metro. I kind of doubt you could get a boat into the water at most of the landings in my area. If so I think you would have to smash some ice at some point

Main lakes in southern Wright are pretty clear. Guessing I’ll be hitting one this weekend.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

I was thinking the same

Or bird hunting. If I had a deer tag, I’d be excited about the forecast too!

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

I’ll be out on pool 4 Friday-Sunday. Originally had planned on going to Red for early ice, but I would much rather fish out of a boat with temps in the 40s. Especially since we have been crushing the fish the past 2 weeekends over there. I’ll save Red maybe for the following weekend when it shouldn’t have as much pressure with the ice show going in St Paul.

isu22andy

I’ll be out on pool 4 Friday-Sunday. Originally had planned on going to Red for early ice, but I would much rather fish out of a boat with temps in the 40s. Especially since we have been crushing the fish the past 2 weeekends over there. I’ll save Red maybe for the following weekend when it shouldn’t have as much pressure with the ice show going in St Paul.

See you at pool 4 . Hopefully enough parking at Everets .

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

See you at pool 4 . Hopefully enough parking at Everets .
    [/quote]

Hopefully baypoint will open back up or a duck hunter busts it open.

I’ll be in a black and silver flake nitro zv18.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I am seeing a high of about 40 on Saturday. I’ll take it, I am going pheasant hunting.

jeff becker

I cleaned up my boat and I store it in my heated garage that is attached to the house, so it is already to go. I told my wife im going to go fishing tomorrow. Went out put my rods in the boat and forgot I brought my prop in for repair. I had a spare but sold it a few months ago and didnt have another.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Bird hunting till end of season. If I didn’t have bird dogs I’d probably be on the water!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I heard pool 4 is closed this week for the holiday…. Stay away whistling

isu22andy

I heard pool 4 is closed this week for the holiday…. Stay away whistling

I Feel like it’ll be bumper boats lol

tim hurley

Props, often forgoten but important!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Well, fishthumper was right after all. The one lake I thought wouldn’t lock up this soon, did. Too many calm nights this week. Will be a great weekend for bird hunting. Thought about pool 4 though. Hear it doesn’t get a lot of traffic this time of year. whistling Too far to drive.

Attachments:
    1. landing-scaled.jpg

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.