Tariff surcharge at RTIC ?

• Deleted

I was going to order an RTIC 20 hard cooler and a bunch of other accessories this morning due to the sale going on now. $54 off the cooler and free shipping.

Then I went to check out and got this itemization of my order.So I’ll find another roto-molded super cooler, or buy used if I can find one.

One more reason to buy local and buy American at every chance.

Attachments:
    1. FEB11D14-B9BE-4F02-9EBE-4D00D11928B2.jpeg

No that can’t be. China is paying the US government for those tariffs.

B-man

I’ve heard good things about Grizzly coolers out of Iowa toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve heard good things about Grizzly coolers out of Iowa toast

I have three of them. They are awesome

bclii
    MN/AZ

I was going to order an RTIC 20 hard cooler and a bunch of other accessories this morning due to the sale going on now. $54 off the cooler and free shipping.

Then I went to check out and got this itemization of my order.So I’ll find another roto-molded super cooler, or buy used if I can find one.

Yep, just paid $7.75 on mine the other day!

Buckeye1

I have had a soft side RTIC for several years and am very happy with it. Goes with us on weekend baseball tournaments and always in the boat.

Deleted

Grizzly coolers look good to me. Still too high priced tho. If they go on sale I’d consider one for sure. I signed up for their sales notices/newsletter etc.

In the meantime, I’ll be looking for deal on a yeti that someone won in a drawing or just doesn’t use.

Great Laker

No that can’t be. China is paying the US government for those tariffs.

wait, I thought Trump was making Mexico pay for it? So much winning I can’t keep track of it all.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m not sure I understand your point.

You were happy to buy a foreign-made cooler until you saw that Trump had put a tariff on it that you had to pay?

Or is it that you’re upset with RTIC for clearly calling out the cost to you of these tariffs rather than hiding them in the retail price like most other retailers are doing?

The last thing I can think of is were you under the impression that somehow China was paying all these tariffs and that RTIC was “double charging” you in an effort to make money on the tariffs?

Just trying to understand what your point is. I just don’t understand why you were happy to buy an RTIC cooler until you discovered that Trump had slapped the same tariff on RTIC that he’s slapped on many goods that are made in China. Are you now going to buy nothing that’s made in China?

Grouse

Deuces

I agree with both posts above^^

Clarity would help the situation.

Deleted

TFG
    Nope, just made me realize I wasn’t buying a new Rtic, even if it was on sale. I’d buy a new one from a private party for the right price ($100).

Kind of the same feeling I got when I saw roger waters in concert and then he started spewing his anti U.S. policy garbage. I should watched the concert on axs tv and kept the $300 I paid for the concert. I still like the music but the guy doesn’t get my cash then.

I’ll get something for $100 or less….. & hopefully American made. Maybe a yeti someone won in a drawing? I already own a yeti tundra 65 but I didn’t pay for it. We won a yeti hopper 20 & traded even up for the tundra 65. It’s not that I don’t already have plenty of coolers. Just thinking the 20 size would work for short trips.

tangler
    Inactive

You still didn’t answer the question. Are you saying you don’t want to support RTIC by buying directly from them because they have the audacity to be transparent about how the tariff affects their business? You feel that’s “anti US policy” in some way? Make coolers great again? Or?

Deleted

Irony
    [/quote]

I’ll be called a racist in 3…..2…..1…..

Deuces

Irony

[/quote]
    Ha! Usually it’s the libs who carry the victim card.

I am thankful for this thread. Got a conservative friend bday coming up, found the perfect gift of searching for a “Trump cooler”.

toast toast
    ha

I’ve seen this cheaper somewhere else… jester

Matt Stegmeir

It seems like you were clearly fine with buying a cheaper foreign-made knockoff cooler, and aren’t willing to pay the price for any of the quality coolers made in the US, but are in a snit over RTIC passing tariff costs on to you?

Or you just want to buy the cheapest and pretend that it’s manufactured domestically?

tangler
    Inactive

Irony

[/quote]

Get over yourself Tom. I have no idea if you’re a racist, just kind of a walking contradiction.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That charge for a tariff can’t be right. I see that “businessman” on TV all the time talking about how much we’re winning. So it must be something else.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tariff surcharge at RTIC ?’ is closed to new replies.