Target Accident

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Anytime a firearm goes off in a public place I want an investigation. Determine what happened and deal with it from there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sound’s like he should not have a gun….

TripleA
    Blaine

law abiding citizens stick around to answer for “accidents”, I am guessing he did not have legal rights to carry

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m changing my mind after these comments. Never thought about it that way.
    I definitely would stick around if only to pay for the damage and to take the heat.

esoxhunter

“Let it go”??? You’re kidding, right?

Dan
    Southeast MN

It’s good to hear you’re changing your mind. People used to use the term “accidental discharge.” Nowadays most military, tactical, and just generally responsible people refer to them as “negligent discharges” because that’s what they are. Guns don’t just “go off” and I hate it when people use that term.

Someone, or the person carrying himself, could’ve gotten hurt or killed. I’m all about gun rights and coincidentally I also carried concealed in a Target this weekend, but I agree with MNice, it does sound like this person should not be carrying a firearm. There are specific responsibilities and safety considerations that need to be taken whenever handling a firearm and those were obviously not met.

big_g
    Isle, MN

well one good thing, he was guaranteed to hit…..wait for it…… the Target devil crazy doah

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

well one good thing, he was guaranteed to hit…..wait for it…… the Target devil crazy doah

Awesome! waytogo

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Yeah the fact that it fell out of his waistband makes me think he did not even have the weapon in a proper holster.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Target bans CC in all stores. One reason I don’t go there any more. coffee

Hope this guy was not legal. Makes us all look bad.

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

FYI Jon:
    According to Target’s website, the company does not ban customers from legally carrying guns inside their stores, but the company put out a statement last year “respectfully” asking customers not to carry guns in the stores.

“Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so,” said interim CEO John Mulligan in the July, 2014 statement. “But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.”

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

With C and C are there any reg’s stating that you must have the gun in a holster or is it OK (legal…) to have it in your waistband? RR

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

They changed their tune. Probably after getting hundreds of emails like mine!

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

With C and C are there any reg’s stating that you must have the gun in a holster or is it OK (legal…) to have it in your waistband? RR

You can carry how ever you want. Concealed or not.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

In Minnisota, it’s called a “carry permit”. Does not have to be concealed or in a holster.

In WI there isn’t a permit needed to open carry. Only if it’s concealed.

Inside the waist band with or without a holster is hokey dokey.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry JJ, I’m slow this morning.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Target bans CC in all stores. One reason I don’t go there any more.  :coffee:

-J.

Do you refuse to go to hospitals too ) ?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

-J.

If you avoid all places that ban guns you must do a lot of online shopping jester

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

-J.

If you avoid all places that ban guns you must do a lot of online shopping  :jester:

None of the stores I go to ban guns. Pretty rare now days.

I don’t go to NFL games.

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If anyone knows I’m carrying then I’m doing something wrong.

deertracker

Exactly. Even though open carry is allowed, I think the only people that do need to have their ego stroked. Of the few open carries I have seen I could have walked up behind them and upholstered their weapon before they could have reacted.
    DT

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Exactly. Even though open carry is allowed, I think the only people that do need to have their ego stroked. Of the few open carries I have seen I could have walked up behind them and upholstered their weapon before they could have reacted.
    DT

Ya, maybe, but not if their serious about it you won’t.

al

deertracker

I’ve never seen someone that is “serious” about carrying open carry. Kind of my point.
    DT

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

If they’re carrying they better be serious.

I think your point is you know nothing about carrying a weapon.

al

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Allan,

Mr Deertracker is a police officer in Alexandrea. I think he knows a little bit about serious gun carrying and the cowboys who carry openly. whistling

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If they’re carrying they better be serious.

I think your point is you know nothing about carrying a weapon.

al

Really?

Allan,

Mr Deertracker is a police officer in Alexandrea. I think he knows a little bit about serious gun carrying and the cowboys who carry openly.  :whistling:

-J.

x2

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Obviously this isn’t a man who went threw the concealed and carry class. It was someone that didn’t know how to handle a handgun. These are the people who make a bad name for hunters and other fire arm loving people. The target signs and other signs will not keep the rift raft people (illegal gun handlers) out. Just like all the gun laws will be keeping the people who handle guns legally from getting what they want and it will allow the criminals to keep there guns because they already do it illegally. This guy needs to be found because it will tell the public it was an illegal handler and not a man that was legally aloud to carry that firearm.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

So are police ” cowboys” since they open carry? Or just they know how to? I’m confused.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>roosterrouster wrote:</div>

You can carry how ever you want. Concealed or not.

-J.

Looks like I have to apologize to @desperado on his Facebook page. I thought you did have to have it holstered. I won’t deny my ignorance of carrying laws.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.