Target Accident

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Could’ve been a punk carrying illegally. Could’ve been a very responsible adult who had the oddest of circumstances happen where the gun went off, became incredibly embarrassed and ranoff.

Until the events are unfolded factually from credible sources I’ll wait to pass judgement. Just glad nobody got hurt.

Sure wish the person would’ve stuck around though either case, its the responsible thing to do.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I don’t call em cowboys…. it’s more like John Wayne….pilgrim. devil jester rotflol

(FWIW, a police officer took an oath to save your a55… it is one of his tools, which is at the ready at all times. A citizen carrying is carrying for their protection… most don’t want to advertise or call attention to themselves… except the cowboys) doah smirk

Dan
    Southeast MN

“Could’ve been a very responsible adult who had the oddest of circumstances where the gun went off.”

This would not have happened to “very responsible adult.”

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AllenW wrote:</div>
    If they’re carrying they better be serious.

I think your point is you know nothing about carrying a weapon.

al

Really?

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    Allan,

Mr Deertracker is a police officer in Alexandrea. I think he knows a little bit about serious gun carrying and the cowboys who carry openly.  :whistling:

-J.

x2

If he’s a cop he disagree’s with the couple dozen I know, but ya, being a cop makes him right..uh huh.

Al

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t know any of you personally and I’m not taking any side whatsoever…however I’d recommend all IDO’ers looking at this thread just drop it before things get out of hand. We’re all here to learn about fishing and share BS stories, let’s not let an internet forum war get started.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I don’t know any of you personally and I’m not taking any side whatsoever…however I’d recommend all IDO’ers looking at this thread just drop it before things get out of hand. We’re all here to learn about fishing and share BS stories, let’s not let an internet forum war get started.

Agreed.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Huh ? You think this is a war ? Have you seen the Pack vs Vikes threads ??? crazy I think it is good to discuss these things when they happen… might help someone else avoid such a incident. I remember a post a few weeks back about having one in the chamber… I don’t carry that way and it probably would have averted the accidental/negligent discharge this dude had at target. smirk

David Blais

As a cc permit holder. I’m interested in how you guys comfortably carry a weapon without having pants that look huge on you… I carry the body guard, its not very comfortable at all. I can see where someone would open carry for comfort. Not to mention, I feel safer when I’m in public and I can see someone open carrying vs looking at people and guessing if there going to become a problem….. But please, do share your carry technique

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ankle carry

glenn57
    cold spring mn

chuck Norris never carried………….just sayin!!!!!!!! devil jester whistling

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’d like to try ankle carrying, but I don’t have a holster for that and would like to try before I buy.

This time of year is preferrable for concealed carry because of the extra clothing we need to wear. I carry inside the waistband. The holster/gun combo I have are usually pretty nondescript anyway, plus throw in a sweatshirt or jacket and I think it’s concealed pretty well.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Flexible nylon holster and a heavy duty leather belt. Keeps everything tucked in nicely. I like the Uncle Mikes line of holsters.

-J.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Huh ? You think this is a war ? Have you seen the Pack vs Vikes threads ???  :crazy: I think it is good to discuss these things when they happen… might help someone else avoid such a incident. I remember a post a few weeks back about having one in the chamber… I don’t carry that way and it probably would have averted the accidental/negligent discharge this dude had at target.  :smirk:

Exactly.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AllenW wrote:</div>
    If they’re carrying they better be serious.

I think your point is you know nothing about carrying a weapon.

al

Really?

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    Allan,

Mr Deertracker is a police officer in Alexandrea. I think he knows a little bit about serious gun carrying and the cowboys who carry openly.  :whistling:

-J.

x2

If he’s a cop he disagree’s with the couple dozen I know, but ya, being a cop makes him right..uh huh.

Al

Not “if” he’s a cop, he is. And I’m not sure I understand why you’re coming down on him:???:

big_g
    Isle, MN

I use a Uncle Mike’s ankle carry, inside left leg. Don;t even know it’s there, myself or anyone else. I asked the question about 2 years ago and ….. wait for it…. DeerTracker turned me onto them. waytogo He was spot on with the info he gave me and I carry everyday, because as he said, if it’s so uncomfortable that you won’t carry, then what’s the point ? grin

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I did not hear of this until yesterday when my wife and I were driving past the target store in question and she told me about it. My first thought was no holster, pants being worn under his ass with underwear showing, no cc permit and most likely an illegal firearm. If this is profiling, you make the call, I won’t argue with you. If this was a law abiding citizen with a cc permit, I would think the gun would have been holstered and IF it was an unintended discharge, they would not have ran away.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am thinking there has to be surveillance video…. wonder why they are not showing it ??? ???

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is a snapshot from store video.

Attachments:
    1. Suspects-exit-store.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looks like a happy go lucky goofball. They are both smirking.
    Not a national threat but I hope he learns from the incident.

big_g
    Isle, MN

oh, they will find him…. tongue

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I stand corrected, not what I expected to see. It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out who they are.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Interesting update on the story from the Pioneer Press.

Police are investigating an accidental gunfire incident Sunday, Dec. 13, 2015, at Target in Fridley. Anyone with information on the people in this surveillance image is asked to call Fridley police at 763-572-3629. (Photo courtesy Fridley Police Department)

Fridley police are trying to identify a man and woman who were at a Target cash register Sunday when a gunshot went off from the man’s “left ankle area.”

Police say the two were at the cash register about 5:20 p.m. paying for snacks and sodas when the man reached down to make an adjustment to his left ankle.

“While he was making that adjustment a shot was fired from his left ankle area,” police said in a news release seeking information on the couple. (Early reports said the gun fell from the waistband of the man’s pants.) “The suspects then ran out of the store and left in a vehicle. The male appeared to be limping.”

No bystanders were injured, and no blood was found on the scene, so it’s not clear the man was injured, either.

The two are described as white, both in their late 20s. The man had brown hair and was wearing a gray/green baseball cap, blue Adidas T-shirt, black jacket, dark pants and tennis shoes with a white sole. The woman had long dark hair, a pink shirt, blue/black hooded sweatshirt with “Love Pink” on the front and a second gray sweatshirt. She was wearing dark jeans and white tennis shoes.

The car was a red or maroon two-door.

The couple told the clerk they were on a 12- to 15-hour road trip, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Fridley police at 763-572-3629.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I would be limping too if it were a semi auto and that slide hit my leg. Sounds like a short pull for that trigger.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

That smirk may very well be a grimace…. doah

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Target labeled it as accidental. Not negligent…: )
    I know it’s wrong but I’m still rooting for that guy. Maybe because I remember how strange and uncomfortable it was when I first started carrying? Maybe I dont have a good reason. Oh well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Target labeled it as accidental. Not negligent…:)
    I know it’s wrong but I’m still rooting for that guy. Maybe because I remember how strange and uncomfortable it was when I first started carrying.

Suzuki – Your sure seem to root for some strange people, Causes, and teams grin

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Target labeled it as accidental. Not negligent…:)
    I know it’s wrong but I’m still rooting for that guy. Maybe because I remember how strange and uncomfortable it was when I first started carrying.

Suzuki – Your sure seem to root for some strange people, Causes, and teams ” />

It would take too long to explain but there’s always a rational reason in my head. My friends know I’m sane.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I guess I’ll respectfully disagree. Would your opinion be different if he had hit and injured/killed someone?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I guess I’ll respectfully disagree. Would your opinion be different if he had hit and injured/killed someone?

Yes.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Even though open carry is allowed, I think the only people that do need to have their ego stroked.
    DT

Wow…never would have guessed that you would be so judgmental with a blanketed statement like that.

So every flyfishermen and archery hunter that doesn’t want their side buried under layers needs their ego stroked??? Guys or gals packing meat after an elk or other large game kill?? I open carry when I feel it is appropriate for my needs. I certainly don’t need my ego stroked or being lumped in a group of dumb-asses.. And don’t loose sight of what is common place in different geographies. Most of the folks I hang out with in Wyoming open carry. Most of my friends out there don’t really understand the CC; other than your trying to hide something. I do have to admit, I like walking into a gas station and seeing the clerk and all the regulars having coffee with their sides holstered right out in the open. Kind of like that Happy Place where we all get along.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.