Tamarack lodge Winnie

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Booked a weekend at this resort. We aren’t a hard core group. Catch a few fish, talk smart, and a have happy hours. Anyone have experience with this resort? The guy I talked to seemed like a good guy. Thanks, Sam

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Just got back from Tamarack, we’ve been staying there for 4 years now. Nice guys.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

How was fishing? Guess we are fishing out of a spear house. Thanks

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Guess we are fishing out of a spear house.

That’s weird unless it has holes besides the big opening in the middle. Anyways I have fished the bay a few times, you can pick up a mix of fish. Lots of perch to sort through, some walleye and if your lucky some big crappie swim through the bay also. If you need food on the ice Chad from the Pines will deliver on the ice. We have done road passes from both The Pines and Tamarack, we usually go on and off the ice at Tamarack since it’s not such a crazy ride down.

Baitwaster
    South metro

I’ll second that –

Once you point downhill at The Pines – full commit!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Just got back. Interesting trip. Drove to the the house and about started laughing. We were in a spear house about the size of an outhouse. 8 fow. Could see the bottom. It was about 90 degrees. Thankfully, my buddy lit up a big, fat stogie to make it even better. Caught about 40 4 in perch, one nice one, and a 17in walleye over 6 hours. The cabin was great. I imagine they have houses made for angling in deeper water if I planned ahead better. Fun weekend, kinda goofy, good football, and talked smart. I’d go back.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

FYI – If someone ever had a 4″ perch tourney, I would win. Hands down!!! rotflol

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Fun to watch the jig disappear. Might as well set the hook.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

FYI – If someone ever had a 4″ perch tourney, I would win. Hands down!!!

Don’t be so quick to declare yourself the dink queen there EPG, I might give you a run for your money! jester

troutbum
    St. Paul

Hows the ice conditions? Heard Red lake is having ice issues. Heading up tomorrow and staying in a sleeper at High Bank on Winni. Wondering if this warm snap will make ice sketchy.

Attachments:
    1. 518098AC-DBB7-4140-8AE0-4663ED46E7A9.jpeg

2. 5065C6DC-7F66-413D-A1DF-284162190D35.jpeg

3. 25ABA8DE-3D49-4CAC-99E1-70CB25C5668B.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hopefully the fishing trip was cheap if that’s what you guys fished from and in. I wouldn’t be to pleased my self. Might as well stayed in a hotel and hung with the guys there

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

We won’t do it that way again. Had a good time tho. I assume they have some angling houses in deeper water next time

phoyem
    Minneapolis

I fished out of the Pines this last weekend in a day house Saturday and Sunday. Good times! Lots of perch; yes lots of 5” perch but we caught plenty of 8-12” perch to get meals. 5 slot northern and a 14” walleye so overall not bad! Chad was a big character and great host!

The bay we were in had lots of good ice and no cracks. We were about 2 miles off shore of the pines in 17-18 fow. Sounds like outside of that bay there was a big pressure crack that was spouting water after the heavy winds on Sunday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.