Take A Vet Fishing Day

• Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

The Walleye Searchers Of Minnesota will once again be holding our annual Take A Vet Fishing Day on August 21st 2021.
    This is a great day where we get veterans out for a day of fishing on pool 4 of the mississippi river.
    The event launches from colvill park in red wing and food will be fed to everyone after the day of fishing!
    If you are a veteran or would be interested in helping out by being a boater please reach out to Nick Dennison at (5070-358-1764. any questions can also be sent to myself via text or a phone call. This event has grown each yr and its with the help of boaters and the people that help this go off without a hitch! thanks for your time

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I did this event 2 years ago and I would love to volunteer my boat again this year

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

bearcat please just shoot me a text message and i will getya on my list Thank you! ill reach out a few weeks before the event to make sure it still works out! thanks again

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Lots of vets signing up! Could use all the help we can get for boaters! Food is lined up and fishing has been hot! Should be a great day with some of America’s bravest! Let me know if you would like to help in any form thank you

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I can tell you guys that it is a really fun time and feels good to give some of our own local heros a fun time that they might not be able to do on there own.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

“The event launches from colvill park in red wing”

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would like to help out. I have a lot of experience on lakes, but rarely fish rivers as they kind of intimidate me to be honest. Also don’t need a wrecked lower unit. Is the area fished deep and mostly safe? I have a deep v 17.5. Also do the boaters come alone or can a me and a buddy go this and still take out one vet.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I would like to help out. I have a lot of experience on lakes, but rarely fish rivers as they kind of intimidate me to be honest. Also don’t need a wrecked lower unit. Is the area fished deep and mostly safe? I have a deep v 17.5. Also do the boaters come alone or can a me and a buddy go this and still take out one vet.

Most the guys ran and fished pepin last year. I fish out of a 17’9 deep v, no issues at all.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

Thank you. I apologize for not paying better attention to the beginning post. Yes, I now feel like a horses arsh!!

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Hi Nick,
    I’ve been talking with Sam R. about this for the last few years and I think I’m going to participate this year. Are you able to give us periodic numbers of vets and boats signed up?

Thanks,
    -Mike

mojogunter

I would be available with my boat, but I only fish pool 4 in the fall and winter. Are you pulling cranks on Pepin for the most part? If someone could give some insight of fishing tactics and areas I would be happy to be there.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I would be available with my boat, but I only fish pool 4 in the fall and winter. Are you pulling cranks on Pepin for the most part? If someone could give some insight of fishing tactics and areas I would be happy to be there.

We all meet in the am that morning and go over hot bites and what’s been working. Its the only thing I’ve been to where people give up secrets to make sure the vets are on fish

mojogunter

I will be there if they need me. Should be fun

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve never participated in this event as a vet but I’m going to see if I can make this one work, especially if there’s some cool IDO guys there.

And in regards to the post about guys sharing secrets to put the vets on fish…I can assure you that even after this event no one will ever point at me and say “there’s that guy who knows how to fish Pool4!”

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Awesome to see the interest in helping out! If you have not reached out to me via phone call or text please do so I can get you on my list! I need to keep my count very close. Any questions feel free to call or text! And as mentioned if you are a veteran and wanna fish just get ahold of me and I will put ya on the list! Have a great weekend everyone!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I was able to fish the take a vet fishing at the last event. Was a great experience and the event is extremely well run. I was anxiously awaiting the next event to participate but unfortunately another commitment for that day that I cannot get out of. I would encourage anyone reading this post to go fish with a vet. You will have a great time and meet some really good people.

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Thanks for the kind words tomr! It is a fun day and is all about the vets! If anyone would like to help out just reach out to me and if you know a veteran that would like to get out on the water don’t hesitate to contact me and let’s make this event bigger and better yr after yr….

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I think I’m in…

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Chappy….have you called or texted me to get on the list? If so you are in..if not please do so as It is imperative I keep my numbers correct… Thanks have a great day!

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Can’t wait for the 21st! thanks walleye searchers for this event. the scratcher will be there with the boat!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Hi Nick. I’d love to participate as a boater. I’ll send you a text.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’d love to make it this year but I can’t do to some things going on that weekend and an additional wedding invite that just came in the mail. Please keep sharing this info when it comes up next year because I’d love to hop in one of you guys’ boats and learn some stuff.

Thanks to all who are working hard to support this and those donating time, gear, money, and stories.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.