Tagged White Bass

• MN DNR Fisheries – Lake City
    Lake CIty, MN

This is a real long shot, but we received tags from a White Bass that was part of our movement study several years ago in the mail today.

They have no contact info, catch location, or the fate of the fish on the letter.

The fish was supposedly caught the first week of September. If anyone sent this in without realizing there was no location, or knows someone who caught a tagged white bass around that time and could ask them if this is theirs I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments:
    1. White-Bass-Tag-Return-1-5-2016.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bump to the top.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ve got several sturgeon to turn in… Should I sent you post it notes? Lol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve asked that question before Andy.

It’s best to use the website although the website doesn’t accept post-it notes. )

And I KNOW you don’t have any tags to return.

MN DNR Fisheries – Lake City
    Lake CIty, MN

We prefer that people use the website smile

Among other things the website automatically distributes the tag return to the area office that manages the waters were the fish was caught. This can be an issue with fish tagged in the Mississippi in particular as they often swim between areas, but I have been trying to get the department to support a comprehensive statewide tagging database that would also notify the tagging individual at the original office.

Until then we will take the data however we can get it “including post it notes grin ” and figure out where it belongs the old fashioned way.

For anyone looking to report a tagged fish the website is:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fisheries/tagged_fish_reporting/index.html

If you want to call or send an e-mail or letter the major information we need is:
    Species, Tag color and number, location and date of catch, fate of fish (harvested or released), fish length, and if you want information about your fish some sort of contact info phone #, e-mail, etc

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

No return address on the envelope?

tonys

Maybe try posting this to some of the MN based facebook groups? You might get a wider audience?

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

A St. Paul postmark, this fish likely traveled a ways, hope you find out where it came from Mr. Schlesser

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.