Swimming the entire Mississippi river

• suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

I’m sure some of you have seen it on the news but if you haven’t there is a navy combat vet who is swimming the entire 2552 miles of the Mississippi River to raise awareness and to honor the fallen and their families. Please take a few minuets out of your day and check out legaciesalive.com and or #swimfortheirsacrifice If you see Chris out on the river please say hi!

Attachments:
    1. image66.jpg

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

We saw them stop in at Evert’s last week. They said they were 17 days in at that point!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

That’s crazy.
    My buddy did that canoe trip last year for a fundraiser. He is a vet as well.
    Looked like an amazing time!

big_g
    Isle, MN

does swimming all the way “across” it… constitute swimming the entire thing ? doah devil jester Amazing journey bow

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

The first guy I was aware of doing this was Billy Curmono from Winona back in the early 80’s. There have been several since but its still an amazing accomplishment.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

According to several sources, Chris will be the second person to ever swim the entire length of the Mississippi River, and the first American. Martin Strel is currently the only person in the world that has done it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

How much current is in Pepin? I could see that really sucking, lil flow. Probably take as much time to swim that lake than 5 states combined.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Chris swam from Everts to Frontenac in one day then Frontenac to Reeds Landing the next. You can follow their daily progress on Facebook, just search “legacies alive”.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

According to several sources, Chris will be the second person to ever swim the entire length of the Mississippi River, and the first American. Martin Strel is currently the only person in the world that has done it. [/quot

If you google Billy Curmano Mississippi you will find dozens of references to Billy doing the swim in 1992. I don’t know who your sources are but they are mistaken.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.