who’s gonna take me fishin?

• rocketman

My itch to get in the water is all too much for me to handle. I want desperately for someone to take me out on the river at Red Wing, as my boat is snowed in the back yard up here in Detroit Lakes. I will offer the same to anyone who is interested in coming to DL this fishing season, or opener, to fish out of my boat in one of the 1500 lakes within easy driving distance. (Maybe I’ll get lucky and Nate will see this plea!)

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Brian,
    You are welcome in my boat anytime, so when are you coming down?

rocketman

I might be able to get a 4 day’er next weekend. Is your boat up and ready? I hear mine calling my name, but it is muffled from all the snow around it.I think I know what I want to do to the ice on the lakes…

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Hey Brian
    Let me know if your going to be coming down I will be on the water some this week and if you come down next week I am sure I can sneak away to take you fishing. the only thing is my big boat will not be here for a couple more weeks but I do have a 14ft sylvan with a forty horse evinrude for the winter.
    if your coming down and want to get out let me know.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Hey Nate? What’s Pepin looking like? Is she gonna go out soon?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The ice breaker usually comes through around the end of March but I’m guessing that it will come through around mid March this year if the warmer temps stay around.
    Thanks, Bill

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Do you know if the Wabasha Marina still has ice on it?

rocketman

Well, I was able to rent a boat out of Everets Resort last Sat. I managed to find one descent eye, about a 17. The wind sure was a wicked stinker, but it sure felt good out on the water.Man, was there a bunch of boats out there, you would have thought it was July!!!!
    I’m still offering my deal. You take me out in the Miss( Red Wing), and I will take you out in any one of the lakes up here in Becker or Ottertail county.
    Thank you Steve, at Everets. With all that traffic you still took care of us little guys.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Rocketman,

I’ll take ya out fishing. Let me know when you wanna go.

Gator Hunter

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey rocketman,

I went fishing with the big gator hunter and we did the grand slam of fishing. we cought double of every game fish that we could think of. it was a fun day out on the water with gator. if he is offering, take him up on it, you will not be sorry.

shane

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

hey rocketman,

I went fishing with the big gator hunter and we did the grand slam of fishing. we cought double of every game fish that we could think of. it was a fun day out on the water with gator. if he is offering, take him up on it, you will not be sorry.

shane

Thanks Shane. I appreciate it.

Gator Hunter

rocketman

Tee shirt weather on the river…. and I volunteered to work Saturday.
    Yes, Gator Hunter, I would love to share fishing stories with you. I will keep in touch and let you know next time I can make it south.( My brother is getting married in April, maybe I can squeeze in a few hours on the river that weekend)
    Brian

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Quote:

hey rocketman,

shane

Thanks Shane. I appreciate it.

Gator Hunter

I am hoping that with that nice little added tid bit, we can see if we can do the grand slam 2 years in a row. are you going to make it to everetts for the ARM event and the get together?? I will probably see yo there, I am getting a cabin for that whole weekend. we should hook up, so you can meet the rest of my family.

shane

p.s. and of course, have a few adult beverages.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.