Okoboji

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I’ll be prefishing Okoboji and have an open boat 9-2 thru 9-4. If anyone wants to head out it will probably be best to call as I leave Friday.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Mike I’ll be at work but I’ll try to get someone for you.You take care and hope to see you at the weigh-ins.
    Ryan Hale

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Feel free to stop in any time starting this Sat. I’m staying at the Country Club Motel.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Mike think I found someone to fish with for a few days.Shane Hunter who is a college student at B.V.U. in Storm Lake.He has fished with me a few times and is a great kid.I’m going to give your # to him so he can call you.Take care Mike.
    Ryan Hale

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Ryan,

Thanks a lot. 2 extra lines in the water, companionship, as well as knoing your spots, what more could a guy want!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hmmmmm. I know which boat to follow now! lol. Nate and I will be at the campground in Emerson Bay Mon-Sun. of next week. See ya on the water if not on land first. Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I might try to get up to boji to check out the action and would love to meet some of the guys from this site in person. If all works out, I might even take a “sick day” to do some fishing. Good luck guys!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Sounds like a winner to me. My wife decided tonight that she isn’t going down this weekend, so Sun and Mon the boat is empty as well.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Mike, just a heads up. That lake is patroled very heavily, especially on the holiday weekend. You can’t go over either 5 or 10 mph within either 150 or 300 ft. from shore. Can’t remember which but you will see some markers out on the water letting you know where the distance of feet is. Also can’t go over 10 mph I believe within a 150 ft. of another boat either. Its been so many years since I’ve been down there I can’t remember. They do issue expensive tickets for violation. Hey Ryan, what are the rules/laws down there? Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Bill, can you give us an idea of what to be looking for if we would try to track you down at Emerson Bay? What’s your rig/camper/tent/truck/boat look like, or something to identify you. I may try to get up there one afternoon and might even be able to talk Ryan into joining me. Always looking for a good reason to take off work.

And Mike, I assume we can reach you at the club you’re staying at…

Hey Ryan, what do you say??? Tuesday or Thursday might work for me to take off early… I’ll be back in town Monday. Drop me a note if you are interested.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Nate has a brown with a blue/green stripe GMC VAN for towing with a white 1800 Lund Pro V with an Evinrude Ficht 150 and an Evinrude 9.9 four stroke kicker. I have an older 1988 red Blazer with a red Lund Mr. Pike 16 with a black Johnson 90hp and white Johnson 6hp two stroke kicker. We will be sleeping in the back of the van but I will probably bring a dome tent to set up to ”claim our campsite” when we are on the water. Minnesota plates too so should be easier to spot. My boat, 2001 year model Mr. Pike, will say Smitty’s Marine on the side and is also on the black Eagle trailer too. Don’t think Nate will have his decals on yet as its a new 2004 boat. What kind of boat and tow vehicle do you guys have? Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Bill, thanks for the details. That’ll make it easier to track you down. My Lund will still be up on Battle Lake so if I get up there I will just take the car, 1983 Chevy Caprice, brown (she could double as a boat). If Ryan and I can come together, he has a red truck, Chevy, Late 80s model I recall. His Boat is maroon and white Alumnacraft with Hunting Greater Iowa decall on side and runs a USA flag flying high. IF I can get out of work I will probably have to make it up there Tuesday around 1pm. Good Luck and hope to see ya there.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Heres a few rules guys

1)Don’t exceed 5mph within 100′ of any craft going 5mph or less

2)Keep a distance of 50′ when both boats are going over 5mph.

3)Don’t exceed 10mph within 300′ of shore.

There is a few no wake zones you guys need to watch.Going between East and West Okoboji under the Highway 71 bridge.DNR watches this area very closely on the week-ends.Also going through the narrows on East,another area to be carefull.

If I can get a early day next week I’ll come up and talk with you guys.Best of luck,it looks like are nights are going to be cool!

Ryan Hale

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.