A little fishing or hunting swap?

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hey guys.I’m new to the site.I fish the Iowa GNWC division and we have a tourney on the Miss. on June 22,2003.We will go out at Prairie Du Chein(Sp?).I have no experience on the Miss. River.Is there anybody that would want to help me out on Sat. June 21st with a little pre-fishing?
    In exchange I would offer a day on the water with me on the Iowa Great Lakes or for some pheasant hunting in NW Iowa.I have 2 English Setters and a Golden Retriever.Thanks to all that reply!
    Ryan Hale

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Shoot me a message when it gets a little closer. I’d be more than happy to show you around.I’ve been fishing this area since ’67…I did take a little time away from the area but have been back in Prairie du Chien since ’92. Get ready to do some handlining.Last year most all my fish have come by handlining from May through November.If you have any questions for me feel free to ask…

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dave thanks alot for the reply.I will need all the help I can get.Again if you get my way I will return the favor.
    Ryan Hale

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sounds good !! I will take you up on that !!

superdave
    NE IA

Hey ryan, good to see ya over here to. Like I said on the other site, I’d be glad to give you some help to. And if you get the chance to fish with Dave, take is, he’s a heck of a guy, as i’ve already been blessed with some of his wisdom on our ice fishing trip. If you and Dave don’t care, maybe I could tag along to. See ya guys, and take care.
    Dave

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Hey, wait a minute – letting you three have all the fun? I don’t think so!

Let me know if you end up putting something together on 10. If I can get the kitchen pass from the wife, I’ll gladly haul the boat up there and help spread the load a little. After all, two boats can find fish faster than one (and four people can drain a beer cooler faster as well).

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Guys thanks for all the help.Superdave,Dave Koonce will be at Lake Mille Lacs on this week-end so him and I will have to fish another day.If I have a open seat you are more than welcome to fish with me.Gianni have if you can make it up let me know.Like you say 2 boats are better than 1.Take care guys.
    Ryan Hale

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’ll have to run this by the wife. I just got back from Annaheim and found out that I’ll need to take another trip the 16th through the 19th. I assume she’ll want to see me sometime this month, and the 23rd is my birthday, so my family usually cooks out on the nearest Saturday.

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

Speaking of hunting, I cant wait to get back in the tree stand and go after more deer.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Ryan,

Looks like we will be getting together after all

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I sure would love to get in on this little adventure. Sounds like it could be a real good time. It would be a privledge to get to see Dave use his handlining technique.

I have plenty of room in my boat if anyone wants to meet me up there.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been informed that I will not be going.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

First of all I want to thank everyone for the help.I will have 3 people in my boat but would enjoy talking to others from the site.Dave K. is talking about eating somewhere for lunch.Maybe a few of us could meet there?Hope to see a few of you river guys.And remember if any of you need help in the NW part of the sate don’t be afraid to ask.I have a 2002 Alumacraft Trophy 175 with a 125 Merc on it.I have sponsor decals on the side of the boat and I fly a American Flag from the back light post.Hope to see some of you.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.