Canada Info

• zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

I have been going to Ejay’s Portage Bay Lodge on the English River chain for 10 years and it is a wonderful fishery. Although it is a bit more than 8 hours from Minneapolis, it would be well worth the trip. I would recommend the fall, as the bigger fish are more plentiful. We went last fall (late September) and the six of us caught 50 walleyes over 5 pounds in 6 days with the biggest being just under 10. Ejay’s is a great place, nice and clean, nothing fancy, just the necessities. Boats are Lund 17′ Explorers with 40 Hp Mercury 4 stokes. I guarantee you’ll have a great time.

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

I used to go to Lumberjack Lodge about 60 miles north of Ignace. It’s located on Sturgeon Lake and has access to a whole lot of other lakes close by. They used to let me camp for about $4.00 a night and let me store our catch in their freezer as well as use the shower. It had Fantastic fishing for Lake Trout, walleye, northern pike etc. It usualy tok about 14 hours of driving at 55 mph to get there from Owatonna. The prices have most likely changed, because of new ownership, and I suspect that I was getting treated a little better because I had been going there twice a year for about 18 years. It might be worth looking into. You can look them up on the I-net at [email protected] or call 1-807-934-6902. It used to be owned by James Krosschell but now it belongs to Dave & Sherry Erickson.
    Joh Eggers

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.