Suv?

• Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    Tbh I’m utterly shocked you got anything over 16 with the 6.2l. Loved my 08 but that thing was a gas hog. Had it tuned up, ran straight, never anything over 15 to 16.

My 05 5.3l Tahoe did pretty well tho, had that thing running around 18mpg city.

Are you talking 6.2 or the 6.0? The 6.0 was a pig, but the 6.2 is not.

Haven’t heard of a 6.0 in a GMC but I’m not a big wrench guy either. 6.2l. known handful of other 6.2l guys as well that never saw much for mpg either.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Is there certain years of Acadias to stay away from or all years have issues? We are starting to shop a little for my wife and that is a model I am looking at.

I’m not much help on years and specifics, other than I’d avoid the FWD versions. Our old neighbor had one and constantly complained about it being underpowered, a lack of traction, and how it handled even with new tires. I think he swapped it out for an Acura MDX and was much happier.

Ripjiggen

My wife sent me the costing sheets and out the door price for this Jeep Grand Cherokee after she test drove it last week. She really wants a 3rd row or a bit more space that comes with the 3rd row capabilities. She is pretty much down to one of these or a Tahoe, but is content waiting for some of the chaos in the world to settle further.

She didn’t make any mention of being interested in trading in her 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited towards it. I’m a firm believer in negotiating a number on a purchase BEFORE even mentioning a trade or negotiating on that line.

Hope she has some patience as she will be waiting a while.

CaptainMusky

Haven’t heard of a 6.0 in a GMC but I’m not a big wrench guy either. 6.2l. known handful of other 6.2l guys as well that never saw much for mpg either.

The 6.0 was in the Denalis back in 2006 and earlier. You couldnt kill the motor, but you were going to pay a fortune on gas. Lucky to get 14 and that was with a tailwind.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    My wife sent me the costing sheets and out the door price for this Jeep Grand Cherokee after she test drove it last week. She really wants a 3rd row or a bit more space that comes with the 3rd row capabilities. She is pretty much down to one of these or a Tahoe, but is content waiting for some of the chaos in the world to settle further.

She didn’t make any mention of being interested in trading in her 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited towards it. I’m a firm believer in negotiating a number on a purchase BEFORE even mentioning a trade or negotiating on that line.

Hope she has some patience as she will be waiting a while.

She does. If she chooses to wait 4 years or 4 days it’s not a big deal. Things have gotten better though. 1 year ago this model was impossible to find anywhere. Now there are some on the lots not spoken for around here. Hopefully it continues to get better or somewhat more “normal” – whatever that is

robby
    Quad Cities

Sorry for this unsolicited advise, but if you plan on towing at all, check the towing capacity before you purchase. The mid-sized SUVs in recent years do not have much towing capacity. I bought a great, well taken care of “Old Man’s” 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer for this reason. It has been a great vehicle for the most part. Had it a couple years. Tows my boat good enough. Fuel economy is not what the newer models offer though. The 4wd works decent, not the same as a pick up with more ground clearance, but it is what it is. I will say this, it is the best vehicle I have ever had for driving on icy or snow covered roads. My Dad drives and has driven Toyota 4Runners for several years. I would have one if I could afford it.

IceManBran

Put an order in with a dealer for a 2022 Toyota Highlander at the beginning of Feb. Was told 4-6 months at that time. We’ll see how long it actually takes…

CaptainMusky

Put an order in with a dealer for a 2022 Toyota Highlander at the beginning of Feb. Was told 4-6 months at that time. We’ll see how long it actually takes…

I ordered my 2022 Sierra in early January and was told 4 to 5 months. The worst part was the sticker price. Woof.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That was a major factor in our purchase. Ordering a new Palisade (6-8 months) or Telluride (12 month minimum) left too much to chance for us, so when the one she wanted (color and trim package driven obviously jester ) was available locally we jumped on it. Plus I was a little concerned at interest rates down the road as well.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

The best SUV is the GLS 450 by Mercedes, My wife loves hers and has plenty of power.

mnfisherman18

I bought a great, well taken care of “Old Man’s” 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer for this reason. It has been a great vehicle for the most part. Had it a couple years.

Those trailblazers were awesome, solid for towing and getting through snow. Everyone I knew who had one went through a transmission every 60,000 miles though, hopefully you got a good one.

JEREMY
    BP

As fast as gas is rising this week wont be able to afford to drive an SUV.

CaptainMusky

Those trailblazers were awesome, solid for towing and getting through snow. Everyone I knew who had one went through a transmission every 60,000 miles though, hopefully you got a good one.

We’ve owned 3. One bought new the others used. Put well over 100k on each of them (except our current one) and never had transmission issues. The envoy we have now has 245k on it.

Justin Paulsen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Paulsen wrote:</div>
    Is there certain years of Acadias to stay away from or all years have issues? We are starting to shop a little for my wife and that is a model I am looking at.

The earlier years had various issues with cam shafts and some transmission wave plates or something. They have been much better since about 2014. We had a 2010 Outlook essentially the same thing. Was a good vehicle for us, but the cats were causing dash lights to come on near the end. Lots of trouble with headlight wiring harness issues though.

Thanks for the info. I was kinda thinking the older ones had more issues, as a friend had an older traverse that had some problems.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.