Supper club by Hayward, WI.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hello all,
    I hope this finds you all healthy and well. I posted a while ago about a Supper Club near Hayward, WI. I went there as a kid, and it sounds like it may still be open. Was an all you can eat place with chicken and fish. Lumberjack theme. Everyone sate at long picnic tables, he sides were family style. I cannot find the responses to my prior post. Please advise again if you would be so kind. I appreciate your help. Cabins are reserved and plans are in the works. Thanks again.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sounds like the original Famous Daves.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Dave’s has never had all you can eat. I thought the name was the Lumberjack, I remember the full page add they always had in the Visitor, just can’t recall what the name was for sure.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Paul Bunyon’s?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Cook Shanty logging camp….it’s not open anymore.

mojo

I replied in the other thread.
    I’m pretty sure you are thinking of Pine Ridge on Lake Sissabagama near Stone Lake, WI. I included a link in the other thread where you can see pics of the picnic tables. They have added on, so there are more small tables than picnic tables now.
    Here’s the link: https://pineridgewi.com/
    It is by far, my favorite fish fry and broasted chicken. The food is excellent. They do it on both Friday and Sunday because they have so much demand. All you can eat fish – deep fried or broiled, all you can eat broasted chicken, french fries (or choice of potato), cole slaw, and fry bread (careful, this stuff is good, but it’s filling so you won’t be able to eat as much of the other stuff). Each person also gets one complimentary glass of wine. It’s the only restaurant I’ve ever seen where people tailgate in the parking lot while waiting to get a table. And the service is awesome! The servers have no problem bringing you a 3rd chicken breast or a 4th batch of fish, they want you to enjoy yourself. But they do keep bringing that irresistibly delicious fry bread in an attempt to fill me up.
    Pine Ridge is only a restaurant now. The resort and cabins were all sold off some time ago. Only open Thu. – Sun. Fish only on Fri. and Sun. and I’ve heard their Saturday Prime Rib is excellent also, but I have yet to go on Saturday.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank You All! This is what we are looking for.

mark Mason

Awe, the old Hayward Lumberjack Cook Shanty. I miss that place and would often go by myself only to be seated with a family from Ohio or Iowa that I would get know well by the end of the meal. Dessert was always full apple pies and glazed doughnuts. It was near the Fishing hall of Fame and had a Lumberjack museum and gift shop.

robby
    Quad Cities

Awe, the old Hayward Lumberjack Cook Shanty. I miss that place and would often go by myself only to be seated with a family from Ohio or Iowa that I would get know well by the end of the meal. Dessert was always full apple pies and glazed doughnuts. It was near the Fishing hall of Fame and had a Lumberjack museum and gift shop.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! Sorry for the terrible pun, but what the heck. You really jogged my memory with the whole apple pies and glazed doughnuts! Thanks, this is the place. I am guessing long ago closed?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.