Summer Vacation

• tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

My In-laws and my family are looking at a place to go on vacation. We like to fish so a guide service for a day would be great also boat rentals would be a necessity. I have two young boys so the resort would also need to have family friendly activities (Hiking, Swimming, Nature Programs). Any suggestions in the area?

Thanks for the help.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kabatogama resorts will offer more family friendly amenities. The Ash River Trail resorts will offer quieter water to fish and boat on if the wind blows.

Check out Ash Trail Lodge on the Ash Trail. Not the cheapest but a decent place. Depending on the size of the group maybe you would consider renting a house on the Trail and just renting a boat from the resorts in the area?

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I have had a great time every stay at Northern Lights Resort. The new owners are very friendly and appreciative of you business with them. Well protected harbor, they do have boat for rental (cant remember if they are 16 or 18′, side console crestliners with Lowrance elite 7 units and 60 hp Merc. outboards). its sort of centrally located north/south on the lake (on the west side as is everyone else). For the kids they just put up a playset this spring and have a beach and some other toys, if you go in summer they have some water toys out in the bay as well.

Haven’t been down the Ash river much so I will bow to Dutch there, I think there are more hiking trails down that way.

Its a fun lake with the most beautiful scenery, fishing’s not bad either but I’d say its the peace I feel being there that keeps me wanting to go back.

I know there are several guides up there, but I haven’t had a terribly hard time finding them (getting them to bite was a different story when we went up a few weeks ago, but I could see them there on the graph). In our two spring trips the walleye/SM bass/pike have all been more than willing to jump in our boat though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.