Summer vacation spots

• Jeff K

IDO help needed! Looking for a spot to take my wife and kids fishing for a week this summer. Our kids are 12&9. Both love to fish and are fine doing so all day. But…always a but, the wife wants to see if the neighbors would like me to come along also. Both couples are awesome people, and have kids around same ages as ours, but the women want to do more than just fish. They’d like to jet-ski and boat if possible. None of us have a jet ski or a boar capable of pulling a tube/or skier. Any of you know of a resort that would offer rentals on such a thing? Location doesn’t matter to me. Thought I’d start here first. Thanks in advance!

Nathan Bayerl

Nevis area is nice for vacation. We stayed at Royal Starr many of times and had alot of fun. Bike trail right in town and you can go miles each way. Ice cream shop in town, Dorset down the road for food options, Park Rapids for more shops and main accessories if you need any and of course Walker is the other way for more shops and stopping in at Reeds’s. I don’t think they have the rentals you are looking for, but there might be some other agencies that rent that stuff out.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Mille Lacs…now that the area resorts have had to diversify do offer boat, jet ski/wave runners,etc. Many options, and yes some have bigger fishing boats that can pull ski/tubing. Have to research more for the wave runner rental outfit, they were marketing last summer. Should be some outstanding fishing as well!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Longville Mn area. Lots of family resorts and activities in the summer. Most have rentals. Leech Lake is about an hour drive up the road.

http://www.longville.com

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Most of the popular lake areas (Brainerd, Walker, Park Rapids, DL, Alexandria etc.) will have plenty of options, and if the resort you like doesn’t have the rental, there is usually someone else nearby that does. Do you want a big resort (Cragun’s, Madden’s, Arrowwood) or more privacy and your own cabin? Camping an option? Proximity to town for the ladies important? There’s just so many good options it depends on your preferences. I will second Park Rapids/Nevis area and the Royal Starr if a smaller resort is your preference. Our wedding party stayed there, and a lot of them went back this year since it was so nice.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Where are you from?

Angler II

IDO help needed! Looking for a spot to take my wife and kids fishing for a week this summer. Our kids are 12&9. Both love to fish and are fine doing so all day. But…always a but, the wife wants to see if the neighbors would like me to come along also. Both couples are awesome people, and have kids around same ages as ours, but the women want to do more than just fish. They’d like to jet-ski and boat if possible. None of us have a jet ski or a boar capable of pulling a tube/or skier. Any of you know of a resort that would offer rentals on such a thing? Location doesn’t matter to me. Thought I’d start here first. Thanks in advance!

The Park Rapids area fits what your are looking for.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Trappers Landing all the way…. I have 2 boys also 8 and 10 and they loved the pool and tube rides. plus the town houses are top notch. I had a spot in the harbor for my boat. They have a nice beach with a big water jumping thing. I could go on and on but check it out plus IDO members get 20% off

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I take quite a few people out fishing that have your same story… kids, fishing and plenty for the wives to do.

Check out these resorts.
    http://vacationminnesota.com/
    http://vikingbay.com/

Alexandria has everything. Shopping, Swimming, jet ski rental, and of course the fishing is awesome too!

Lucky for you there are a lot of great places to choose from in MN. Let me know if you have any more questions about the area.

Attachments:
    1. Fun-4.jpg

2. Fun-3.jpg

3. Fun-2.jpg

4. Family-Fun.jpg

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Edit – I guess I pretty much typed what Big Werm said. Guess my reading skills need some work.

Jeff K

I knew I could count on this site to narrow it down! We live in NE Iowa. Will start looking this evening at different places. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.