Subway shooting

• buck-slayer

Doesn’t anyone have CC in NY? Won’t leave home without it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t specifically know what the CC laws are in the state of New York but I have to imagine that its quite restrictive.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wouldn’t leave the house with out it. I carry mine at all times. These acts are far to common

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Given the circumstances of the crowd if people, hard to say that anyone would have a clear shot. Arguments can be made very easily to justify one person being shot to prevent 9 others from being killed. I just wouldn’t want to be the one to accidentally kill an innocent person in the process of taking out a piece of crap. Naturally, it’s all speculation because we were not there. Crowded areas are extremely difficult to defend

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Given the circumstances of the crowd if people, hard to say that anyone would have a clear shot. Arguments can be made very easily to justify one person being shot to prevent 9 others from being killed. I just wouldn’t want to be the one to accidentally kill an innocent person in the process of taking out a piece of crap. Naturally, it’s all speculation because we were not there. Crowded areas are extremely difficult to defend

Agreed. But i would rather have my side arm on me rather then not. Nobody knows if a concealed defender may or may not of had a clear shot. But if no body has protection then the shot is never there to be had. These things can and do happen everywhere. I will always have a side arm on my belt unless entering a court house or school and both those places I take it off put it in my safe under my seat and it’s back on when leaving.
    These days YOU never know where a threat may or may not be.
    Be aware of your surroundings at all times

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently the handgun used jammed otherwise it would have been a lot worse. 10 people injured, but none seriously. That’s pretty astonishing its only that bad.

Keep Paddling
    Inactive

I can promise you unless your military trained to control breathing, reactions and emotions your running with everyone else.

I’ve got a side arm, not for protection from mass shootings but if someone wants my wallet, truck or rummaging though my belongs it may show up.

Gitchi Gummi

the shooter let off a couple smoke grenades before he started shooting. Videos I’ve seen of people getting off the subway showed smoke everywhere. Not sure a CC would have made a difference unless you were willing to blindly fire into a smoky, crowded subway.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If you have your CC, your training should have covered when it is appropriate to discharge… not into a smoky room. coffee I still would want my sidearm, because when the shot is there… *BOOM*… better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. smash Apparently he is still on the loose and the only description I heard is he was a large dark skinned gentleman.

CaptainMusky

the shooter let off a couple smoke grenades before he started shooting. Videos I’ve seen of people getting off the subway showed smoke everywhere. Not sure a CC would have made a difference unless you were willing to blindly fire into a smoky, crowded subway.

Agreed. NYC has some of if not the most strictest gun laws in the country. Having a CC and in these circumstances would have probably been a bad situation with all the smoke and commotion going on.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My CC classes didn’t cover fighting in smoke screens.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

That is in the advanced course Suzuki. jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I got my Carry permit and a handgun with the idea of carrying all the time. So far I only carry in certain situations and placers. I know this is a bad idea. These days you just never know where and when you will need it. I just need to get in the habit of carrying it all the time. Even when a deadly situation is stopped by a legal Carry person you hardly ever see any news about it. That is really sad. I really think in there was more coverage of when a legal carry person shot someone more of the criminals who have second thoughts about some of their crimes. But sadly in our society were not likely to hear about a legal shooting by a legal carry person on our major news networks.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hmmmmm…. they didn’t go over having a clear view of the intended target and what’s beyond it ? You got robbed. coffee

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I got my Carry permit and a handgun with the idea of carrying all the time. So far I only carry in certain situations and placers. I know this is a bad idea. These days you just never know where and when you will need it. I just need to get in the habit of carrying it all the time. Even when a deadly situation is stopped by a legal Carry person you hardly ever see any news about it. That is really sad. I really think in there was more coverage of when a legal carry person shot someone more of the criminals who have second thoughts about some of their crimes. But sadly in our society were not likely to hear about a legal shooting by a legal carry person on our major news networks.

You’re right. They will only emphasize negativity because the current administration/media/new world order/etc want Americans disarmed.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Hmmmmm…. they didn’t go over having a clear view of the intended target and what’s beyond it ? You got robbed. coffee

That is firearms 101. Not exactly training for tactical combat.

Stanley

I hate to say it but in today’s political/societal climate I would only use my firearm to defend myself and my family. The consequences are to great for myself and family to possibly make a mistake trying to save a stranger that it is not worth it. I wish it wasn’t this way but that’s where we are currently at. Guilty until proven innocent.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We are responsible for that bullet from “cradle” to “grave”.

That should cover it and I know everyone has heard that (if they were listening).

big_g
    Isle, MN

We are responsible for that bullet from “cradle” to “grave”.

That should cover it and I know everyone has heard that (if they were listening).

Exactly… if they didn’t go over firearms 101 in your CC class… you were sleeping. coffee

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

As a young able bodied male with a CC permit, I carry often. If not for my protection, hopefully for someone else.

Back in 2016 at the St. Cloud mall. I shopped there, and even worked at Scheels at the time. Family members often went there too. It could have easily been one of my family members there that got stabbed. If I would use deadly force to protect myself or my family, I would certainly use it to protect someone else or their families. Not everyone has the ability to protect themselves. While I have no faith in our court system, I would still make the correct moral decisions in the moment. Unfortunately, in todays climate, I would likely have a long battle ahead of me after that, but the right thing is the right thing, even if it gets twisted into a political debate or issue. I couldn’t watch someone get hurt or killed knowing I have the ability to stop them.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I also feel, if confronted, the training I received in the Military would takeover and I would help however I could. I could not see myself turning a blind eye to someone who needs help.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Might want to go through this plan with your families.
    I doubt willfully entering a gunfight is something they would be okay with.

big_g
    Isle, MN

A gun fight ? You act as if your meeting at high noon in the middle of the street. I am talking about someone randomly spraying gunfire about the area I am in. My wife and family know my nature.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I hate to say it but in today’s political/societal climate I would only use my firearm to defend myself and my family.

What other situations are you missing out on?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I hate to say it but in today’s political/societal climate I would only use my firearm to defend myself and my family. The consequences are to great for myself and family to possibly make a mistake trying to save a stranger that it is not worth it. I wish it wasn’t this way but that’s where we are currently at. Guilty until proven innocent.

I’m not saying you are wrong for feeling this way ( actually you are probably smart and correct ) That said I’m not sure the way I’m wired that I could sit back and allow someone else to be harmed or killed if I had the ability and means to stop or prevent it. I keep thinking of how I’d feel if a friend or family member was in a situation and ended up hurt or dead and I later learned there was someone there who could have prevented it. I guess a person never know how they will react until the day they are in the situation. I hope I never find myself in a position I need to find out.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

A gun fight ? You act as if your meeting at high noon in the middle of the street. I am talking about someone randomly spraying gunfire about the area I am in. My wife and family know my nature.

No, you’re acting as if there is a meeting at noon Wyatt Earp.

Sorry, I did not realize you were more of a Jack Ryan character.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Not worth my time.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Might want to go through this plan with your families.
    I doubt willfully entering a gunfight is something they would be okay with.

My family would likely be disappointed in me if I was a coward and ran away when someone needed help. Why would I have my permit if that was my plan? You clearly don’t have a CC permit and that’s probably a good thing.

No one who has a permit is walking around looking for a “gunfight”. This isn’t the wild west. I’m not charging into a building with an active shooter with my gun drawn. You’ve watched too many action movies. If I end up in a situation, I will act accordingly. I hope I never have to discharge my weapon anywhere but the range or in the woods.

If you don’t know a lot about a subject, it’s okay to just read and not comment. Take the time to continue reading and learning.

CaptainMusky

I have seen countless videos recently of men approaching women/children and trying to attack them only to have someone nearby who had a CC open fire and take them out. Most of them were women too. Bravo to them.
    Its not surprising that the areas with the most strict gun laws are also the ones with the most violent crime because they know that law abiding citizens are at a disadvantage.

Stanley

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Stanley wrote:</div>
    I hate to say it but in today’s political/societal climate I would only use my firearm to defend myself and my family.

What other situations are you missing out on?

I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything and I never said I wouldn’t help anyone but if I was in a situation where I needed to use my firearm it will be to protect myself and family first. I see both sides of the argument but like I said in today’s climate I would choose to protect my family and their future first. If I go to jail for shooting someone to protect my family fine. This is a personal choice and if someone did the same to protect their family and let mine die then so be it. We can all talk about what we would do but until your in that situation you never know. Maybe if I am I would change my mind but as of now this is where I stand like it or not.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Subway shooting’ is closed to new replies.