Subway shooting

• Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    Don’t keep the gun close anymore because we have a 6yo and I want the gun locked away.

I think often about home defense because of the break in…but with a little one at home I’ll keep the gun locked away.

This is me too. I don’t have a CC permit, but I kept my handgun in a location in my bedroom prior to the kid. Can’t have it there anymore until he’s old enough for me to trust him with it around, so into the safe it went. I feel as though there is a higher risk of my kid finding it and encountering an issue with it than there is of a break in where I would need it.

My dog is probably not as big or as mean as yours. But she will definitely bark should an intruder show up.

Just put a single hand gun safe next to the bed. 1 finger swipe or quick code and I’m in. I also have 2 young kids and won’t leave a gun just laying around.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

Just put a single hand gun safe next to the bed. 1 finger swipe or quick code and I’m in. I also have 2 young kids and won’t leave a gun just laying around.
    [/quote]

Same thing i do. i will say however that a few months ago my security alarm went off at 3am indicating my house was breached. i hopped out of bed and scanned my finger and it didnt work the first 3 times. obviously im frustrated. eventually i got the gun and was able to check my entire house for an intruder determining that one of the sensors had mistakenly triggered the alarm. I have a viking safe. Its worked every single time with one swipe except the time i really needed it. Perhaps it was my nerves that caused a problem but i really dont think so as its just putting your finger over the place to scan. In any case this has been a good system for me to keep the gun stowed away safe from the kids while also having protection near by

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Public Service Message….Whether you have kids in the house or not… your weapons and ammo should always be secured.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Public Service Message….Whether you have kids in the house or not… your weapons and ammo should always be secured.

Totally agree. A major source of preps getting guns are all the guns stolen during burglaries.

The families of two different friends have had their houses broken into and in both cases the perps pulled apart all the obvious “gun hiding” places. Nightstand, bedroom closets, top dresser drawers, under beds, etc. They obviously spent most of their time looking for guns. Shows what they really are after.

If you have a bedroom handgun safe/security bix make sure it’s bolted to the floor or wall. Don’t let the bad guys just take the whole thing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Almost looked like a gunfight in here on page two. ) Glad you guys got everything resolved mostly.

I’m not sure who said “you shoot to kill not to injure.”

The classes that I hold, the instructor says “There are no warning shots. You should say loudly, “Don’t make me shoot you”. You DO NOT Shoot to kill (or injure), you shoot until the threat is eliminated”. At least it sounds better if nothing else.

One thing I know for certain, if we take a life of another, we will never be the same. I do hope you or I are never in that situation.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Subway shooting’ is closed to new replies.