Sturgeon Bay help

• traumatized
    eastern iowa

Heading to Sturgeon Bay this weekend. Targeting Smallmouth and Walleye. Never been before. Any help would be appreciated. Area, bait, bait shops, food, lodging. Please and Thank you. Taking my 17ft Ranger. Would like to target Smallies during the day and Walleyes at dawn and dusk.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

How did you end up doing? I’m headed up this weekend to salmon fish but the wind forecast has me spooked. I’ll probably be chasing smallies when it’s too rough on the big lake.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Heading to Sturgeon bay near the end of the month, hoping to find smallies in the quieter bay areas. Any tips?

traumatized
    eastern iowa

I’m sure this time of the year will be a lot different than when we were there. We got blown off first day. went out of egg harbor second day. Went north until we ot in a bay out of the wind and did good on the smallies until noon. Went into a public dock and ate at a local restaurant. went back out and couldn’t get a bite the rest of the day. Sunday was a wash out. Did get to check out a lot of the area and definitely will be back. Really need to learn to read the wind forecast and where you can and can not fish then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.