Student Angler Tournament Trail.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

State championship was this weekend. Congratulations to the winners and all that participated. I believe Baxter had the winning team but a ton of bass where caught by all teams. Fantastic competition and what a fantastic thing for our youth fishing in this state.

AK Guy

It’s great to see the participation. Kids involved in the outdoors are less likely to get in trouble.

JEREMY
    BP

But what if someday they decide to keep what they catch?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

But what if someday they decide to keep what they catch?

I am pretty sure its mandatory catch and release to participate in these events.

JEREMY
    BP

I meant later on in life after getting involved.

CaptainMusky

So what. They are allowed to keep fish and as long as they do it within the parameters of limits and size restrictions no issue.

Gitchi Gummi

not sure what you’re getting at? there is no problem with people keeping what they catch as long as it is within the regulations.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I’m guessing there is going to be some outstanding fishermen coming out of this program. To be able to fishing in a group like that and bounce ideas and experiences off each other. And at a younger age where you soak that stuff like a sponge. Pretty sure I was well into my 20s before even knowing how to tye a decent fishing knot.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Do you have a link to the event you’re talking about?

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I wish I had this as an option when I was in school. Great for the kids.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I wish I had this as an option when I was in school. Great for the kids.

Ditto!

Here’s the link to the SATT results page. State team championship was on Big Stone.

SATT event results

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Results

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220913-070913_Drive.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If you are around Aitkin they are having a fish fry fund raiser Oct 1st. I believe the State part of this league has $20 boat raffle tickets for a fund raiser. I was told with many of these teams being fairly new they are looking for funds to help with expenses. Fuel costs being a big part of that.

JEREMY
    BP

not sure what you’re getting at? there is no problem with people keeping what they catch as long as it is within the regulations.

I only said that cause i wanted to rile some of you up cause as soon as someone posts a picture of fish they kept everyone gets butthurt.

Gitchi Gummi

I only said that cause i wanted to rile some of you up cause as soon as someone posts a picture of fish they kept everyone gets butthurt.

great logic and value add there.

JEREMY
    BP

Sorry i guess I will go on Sharons first time steak grilling and talk about the price of gas instead.

Charles

Anybody know the tournament director for last week, I had a buddy found some fishing gear at the landing.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.