Striker Hardwater suit or Striker Predator Suit

• WarEagle

Help me decide. I currently had a clam extreme suit. It was warm enough, but time to make the change. What one best fits what the clam was.

Kent Tau

I like the predator better because its lighter feels more comfortable when fishing or moving around. Plenty warm.

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

I can’t speak for the hardwater but I’ve been wearing the predators for 2 years now and love them. Plenty warm for fishing out on the ice.

milemark_714

If you want warm with mobility,go with Predator.If you want durability,go with the Hardwater.330 denier vs 600 denier.Tough choice,I went with hardwater suit.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Predator is more versatile and to be honest much more comfortable.
    The hardwater suit is warm. For me it is too warm and bulky. I own a Climate too and leave the liner out almost all the time.

Aaron

I’ve had the climate for 2 years now. I like to be warm so the suit is great with the liners for the winter and pull them out for fall and spring fishing. The jacket liner makes for a nice jacket that I wear all the time. I usually don’t wear any other insulation layers when I have the liners in.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

If your a person that stays warmer and “runs and guns” a lot I would look into the Predator Suit, it is a lighter weight suit but still extremely warm. The Hardwater suit is the one James has been wearing and he loves it. Its super warm and the material is a little bit heavier so it feels more durable. It is a little bit heavier (10 lbs vs 8 lbs) but if you don’t stay as warm I would go with that.

I know a lot of places are sold out of Predator suits as well so many have a better size selection of Hardwater and Climate.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Matt-p is spot on. I just purchased the Predator suit last month. I naturally run pretty warm, and like to run and gun. Predator is perfect. It’s like you’re wearing a shelter. I’ve sat outside in high winds and below-zero temps with minimal movement and been completely comfortable and warm, only wearing a long sleeve t-shirt and pajama pants underneath. I was also pleasantly surprised how warm it is riding the sled or ATV across the lake in all temperatures.

WarEagle

Thanks guys, I found the climate suit for a steal online! I went that route. Makes more sense to have the option of liners to put in or take out.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Where did you find a good deal?

WarEagle

Sorry, I never give out the sites I find the deals at. It brings out more competition that I have to deal with. I’m Just happy I caught the last one in my size!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Sorry, I never give out the sites I find the deals at. It brings out more competition that I have to deal with. I’m Just happy I caught the last one in my size!

What the h3LL???

gonehunting

War Eagle
    Unless you are worried about not getting what you want why wouldn’t you pass along some savings to others after you’ve purchased. You come on this site asking for advice from these guys on what Striker suit to buy but aren’t willing to help them out. I bought a big buddy heater and a Clam hub house because of deals passed on by others on this site. Thanks to those of you who did let me know about the deals.

WarEagle

LOL, It was a joke. Relax! Red Rock!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.