Striker Climate Bibs over Baffin Eigers ??

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Purchased a complete Striker Climate outfit to replace the well worn Snosuit. My old Cabelas Infernos have started to leak so it is time to replace them.

For those of you that own Eiger boots can you get the bib legs over the boot?? Also having a problem finding Eigers in the metro. Found Baffin Impacts but they are huge. I read from others here that Eigers are great boot.

Thanks for you feedback in advance
    BB

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Personally if I were to buy a new boot I’d get the Baffin Apex. I have a similar discontinued leather Baffin for over 10 years now. Still love them. Might finally need new liners now and a fresh coat of protectant.

The leather boot fits great under my snosuit bibs. And I wear a size S bib!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

BAFFIN EIGERS ??

I had to pop in here.. I thought maybe you were cookin up a Norweigin breakfast !!!

Your going to love the Striker Climate Suit !!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Personally if I were to buy a new boot I’d get the Baffin Apex. I have a similar discontinued leather Baffin for over 10 years now. Still love them. Might finally need new liners now and a fresh coat of protectant.

The leather boot fits great under my snosuit bibs. And I wear a size S bib!

I can’t comment on the Eigers but my Striker bibs fit over the Baffin Apex boots I wore last season.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Just bought the Eigers and my Predator bibs fit over them.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

BAFFIN EIGERS ??

I had to pop in here.. I thought maybe you were cookin up a Norweigin breakfast !!!

Your going to love the Striker Climate Suit !!!

Dave that is a good one!

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Baffin Apex boots

Tmyboy Thanks

Do they go over relatively easily or does it take considerable effort?
    As I get older suiting up becomes a real pain. Getting older sucks but Im gonna fight it till I die! I think the Eigers will slip on easier and there are no laces to deal with.

Did you find the Eigers locally or did you go online. Kinda would like to check them out. I found a pair of Baffin Impacts but thought they are huge and would be difficult. Hoping the Eigers will be easier.

Read very good things here on the Baffins.

Thanks
    Bob

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Hi Bob,

They go on relatively easy. It’s a bit snug, but I don’t mind it because it helps to “hold up” the bibs themselves to keep them from going to low and me walking on them. I had to get a larger size bib, and even with them fully adjusted to their shortest point, they still fall under the back of my boot somewhat. The boots themselves do slip on easily and are very comfortable! Very warm, too. On a mild day, I plan on wearing my lighter Kamiks.

I found them on Amazon this past summer for VERY cheap…about $90 off, if I remember. I went with the size chart and went 1 1/2 sizes bigger than I normally wear, and I’m very glad I did.

My friend just got the Impacts and his bibs won’t fit over them. This is specifically why I chose the Eigers, as they are about three inches shorter at the top.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well I have a pair of Impacts,yes they are big,but I personally like how high they are……different strokes for different folks grin
    As far as bibs….my Frabils go over them ok but my Carhartts are a tough fit…
    I would think any modern bibs would fit ok….

Justin Carlson
    Lennox SD

does anyone have the Baffin Selkirk boots. I just go a pair and I like them. I only been ice fishing a few time so I used my Bass Pro shop rain gear bibs on the ice the only thing is they don’t fit over my new boots so I was wondering if anyone had these boots and what bibs fit over them. Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.