• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That is a great deal.
    I absolutely love my Apex suit.

10klakes

You can find them for 35-45% off right now… So like $230. sizes going quick

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What’s the difference on the apex to climate ?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Apex has Aerogel, it’s a better insulator and I believe lighter weight.
    I really like the magnetic zipper cover and the bibs have a non slip strip so it doesn’t slip off your shoulders.

tswoboda

What’s the difference on the apex to climate ?

Half the weight and bulk. No “3-in-1” liner like kids jackets have.

Aren’t they doing away with the climate? Apex is more comparable to the Predator.

slough

A friend found these for $149.99 in a store in northern MN this week, just a heads up.

PmB

They are nice but mine leaked a little in the knees and seat after a year of heavy use. I contacted striker and their sending me out a new pair. Great customer service. They are lightweight and warm but the knee pads are a joke and I question the durability. I wish Simms made a float suit

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Are they that much lighter and less bulky than my predator suit that i would even notice?

Gregg Gunter

Apex uses Primaloft too. I have a light Primaloft coat and it’s the lightest, warmest, most quick drying coat I’ve ever used.

tswoboda

Are they that much lighter and less bulky than my predator suit that i would even notice?

Probably not much lighter or less bulky than the predator. Just warmer for similar weight/bulk

Primaloft is the space-age insulation tech they love to market, it’s been around for 40 years jester

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Scheels will price match pretty much anyone. I use the online chat all the time and just send them the website I found something cheaper for and they will update the item in your cart to the cheaper price.

Gregg Gunter

Scheels will price match pretty much anyone. I use the online chat all the time and just send them the website I found something cheaper for and they will update the item in your cart to the cheaper price.

Yep, I had ordered one from Scheels and just found it for $310 at upnorthsports. Scheels is sending me a price adjustment!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Pro fishing supply in waconia has a 50% off sale.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good find. 450 for the set.

10klakes

Yep, I had ordered one from Scheels and just found it for $310 at upnorthsports. Scheels is sending me a price adjustment!

Lol did you miss my response? That’s still not a good deal. Thorne, pro fish, and several others have it for much cheaper…

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240216_205713_Chrome.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Like chuck said pro fishing is 50 percent off. Goes to 450 for the set. So 225 each.

Gregg Gunter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gregg Gunter wrote:</div>

Lol did you miss my response? That’s still not a good deal. Thorne, pro fish, and several others have it for much cheaper…

Yeah I checked out the other sales and they didn’t have XL. Some had small or XXXL. Thorne only had size S.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just ordered the jacket, bibs, and gloves. Shipped to the house was 504. Pretty fair. At over 900 no thank you. I have to stop looking at this site. I spend to much money listening to you guys finding sales. My climate suit lasted 5 years or better of a very tough life. Hope the apex does the same. Excited for the less bulky suit.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

You’re gonna love it. The sizes do run a bit small so I hope you ordered up.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You’re gonna love it. The sizes do run a bit small so I hope you ordered up.

I did. I can’t wait to use it in the boat on rainy this year. The less bulk then my climate is what I’m most excited for.

Gregg Gunter

I just ordered the jacket, bibs, and gloves. Shipped to the house was 504. Pretty fair. At over 900 no thank you. I have to stop looking at this site. I spend to much money listening to you guys finding sales. My climate suit lasted 5 years or better of a very tough life. Hope the apex does the same. Excited for the less bulky suit.

Well thanks for the tip, I jumped the gun and didn’t check pro fishing supply first. But Scheels did match price again so I’m happy. I started this as a psa and ended up getting tons of help from y’all!

Gregg Gunter

I got my Apex jacket from Scheels and they matched Pro Fishing Supply’s price. Thanks again,10k!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Dangnabbit! Wasn’t in the market for a new ice set until now. Might be too good of a deal to pass up.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dangnabbit! Wasn’t in the market for a new ice set until now. Might be too good of a deal to pass up.

I did the same thing

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.