Strikemaster Lite Flite – Redrilling Holes

• Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

As we all know, one of the major knocks on Strikemaster and Lazer blades is they’re pretty lousy at redrilling holes. It gets repeated year after year. You can certainly do it, but the auger jerks around and it tends to chip up the far outer edge of the blade rather quickly.

I made a terrific observation a couple days ago over a pile of nice bluegills. The Lite Flite 8” redrills holes like a champ due to the new configuration at the head with the heavy plastic bracket which holds the blades. It redrills holes a day or two old better than any auger I’ve used. The powerhead doesn’t jerk around and no visible damage to the blades appears to be taking place.

Give it a shot, guys!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Have you ever tried drilling a double or triple hole for sight fishing. Curious how that works.

The Lazer does ok with that but it feels dangerous especially since I have a screw in my wrist.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I popped a few doubles for walleye fishing when I was hub camping on ML. The auger didn’t jolt at all and it worked well. I had never tried with the standard bit.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Not to contradict you. I re drill holes all season long. All I’ve ever used is a laser. Never chipped up a blade, never bent a bit and never had to replace blades prematurely. I still have the same blades on that I’ve used for the last two-and-a-half years. I use this auger to reopen holes in my rental all year.

Good to hear the lite flight works as well.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Not to contradict you. I re drill holes all season long. All I’ve ever used is a laser. Never chipped up a blade, never bent a bit and never had to replace blades prematurely. I still have the same blades on that I’ve used for the last two-and-a-half years. I use this auger to reopen holes in my rental all year.

Good to hear the lite flight works as well.

Oh interesting. I reopened a lot of holes last season with the standard bit, and I felt like I was putting the auger through hell. The blades were super chewed up after I went through a run of reopening a lot of holes. I ended up putting on the previous years blades as a result and trashing those blades.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I have been using a lazer 6in on my drill for years.I open a fair amount of old holes and have had no issues.

Mike S

I was worried about redrilling holes with mine also. Had the 40V strikemaster before and it was hard redrilling. With the lite flight it was easy and the bit doesn’t seem to catch at all at the bottom of the hole. Sold the 40V

Eric Marth

I was out yesterday with my oldest and her friend. I have a 8” lite flight and only two flashers, so they had to share. I drilled triple holes all day long with the ducer in the middle. The lite flight was flawless daisy chaining holes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.