StrikeMaster Lazer Pro Problem

• Mike Fleming
    Maple Plain, MN

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the fuel hoses connected to the primer bulb becoming disconnected on the Solo motors. I got a Lazer Pro for Christmas and I absolutely love it, however this is second time that this has happened. Seems to be near the end of the day after a lot of drilling that it happens. I am currently in the process of finding some hose clamps to fix it, and am considering just using some cable ties, but am curious if this is a common problem?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Use cable ties, has happened to a few. I carry cable ties with me.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

My Lazer pro had the same problem last year. I used a small zip tie to keep the hose connected to the primer bulb until I could get it into the shop. Took it into D Rock this fall and got all of the lines replaced with tighter fitting ones. Strikemaster pays for it if you still have your reciept and warranty card.

Zach Hilton

This is a known issue they had with some of the solo’s. I went to a shop in town and bought a couple feet of line and replaced all of them except the main pick up line. I haven’t needed a zip tie yet, but we’ll see.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Just bought one and have the same problem. Definitely gonna take it in after the season.

Mander

Happened after the first few outings on my new one last year and again with the new hoses replaced by warranty this year. It’s been a frustrating run with my lazer pro, been sitting since christmas I’m finally able to send it up to SM tomorrow.

brad-o
    Mankato

Yes, Drock sell new fuel lines. This cost around $20 and 5 minutes. The best fix.

Mike Fleming
    Maple Plain, MN

Had my auger out today with cable ties on and still had the line become disconnected. Seems like new lines that are a bit longer would be a good fix.

Perch Hunter

I got a Laser Pro this year and it has same problem drill 3 holes and it pops off the the fuel hose behind primer, put back on start up and pops off fuel hose again. I put some mini tie straps on to see if this will help. Didn’t try it on the ice this way yet. Mine also doesn’t cut very well its like it came with dull blades and I have to press down to much to get it to cut. Finally got ahold of Rapala/Strikemaster and what a joke to get ahold of these people, you can only contact them via email and hard to get a phone# to get ahold of a real person to talk to either.

I think mine seeps/leaks a little gas out around fuel lines where they come out of the gas tank thru the rubber grommett also.

I sent them pics of the blades & the pitch and they want me to send the powerhead & augershaft (the whole unit) back to them to be looked at, I really don’t want to be out of an auger right now, but what’s a guy to do, I need it to work better than this… this thing is brand new!

troutbum
    St. Paul

Ive only drilled a couple hundred holes with my unit. The line slipped off every 20 holes or so. It is a hilarious oversight by SM.

The upside is, the gas Im leaking all over the lake is only 2.00/gallon.

Now I get to to drive around metro and get replacement parts for a brand new auger. Killer!
    #murica#1stworldproblems

troutbum
    St. Paul

I took my auger to D-rock today. If you live in the metro and need auger maintenance, I highly recommend this place. They swapped all my fuel lines free of charge. I was out the door in 20 minutes. Great business!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

This must be an issue with the newer augers, my solo is going on 4 years and it has not had one issue other than the recoil needing to be cleaned with WD40

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The fitting on the back of the prime bulb is smooth and no flare or means of retention. Tiny ty-wrap did the trick on mine last year. If you use ty-wraps, use the black exterior grade ones. The white or clear are interior grade and will get brittle and fail

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I am having the exact same difficulty with my new strikemaster. It is frustrating to say the least that it is brand new. I will say mine is a beast besides that fact. Cuts ice faster than any other auger I have used/seen.

taz
    Frederic wi

same problem here both line pop off
    had one fixed last year and still comes off will have to try some tie wraps and if thats not going to hold take it back in

troutbum
    St. Paul

He also put an extended line to replace the short line that goes into the fuel tank. He said the fuel line problems are just on the ones produced within the last year. If anything its a piece of mind to not have to subconsciously worry about has continuing to leak at random times.

AaronMoore

I had a short line to my air intake which would let fuel poor out in my truck, nice!! And the fuel line coming off, and the blade pitch being off. A little tricky to start…..I ended this journey with this brand and sold it. I guess some you win and some you lose, the house took me on this one.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.