Strikemaster 40v/Lite Flite 8" – First Impression

• Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Very nice setup! No regrets on adding the new auger. I was a little skeptical.

It’s not feather-light by any means, but the 3+lb weight loss is very noticeable. Much like adding a lithium battery to a flasher.

I really like that the shaft of the auger between the powerhead and the flighting is made from the same “synthetic resin” a.k.a ‘plastic’ as the flighting. Keeps the hands warmer when hole drilling because this is the natural place to hold the auger while walking. It has a thicker hexagonal shape than the original steel auger, which feels good in the hand.

Cutting-wise: hard to compare with 6″ of soft ice. I don’t think it’ll ice up as badly as a steel auger because the configuration is different near the cutting head. It’s missing that thin metal rod that liked to gather slush on the steel auger.

Makes me wonder if Strikemaster is going to start offering this as a retail package or if they’re considering selling just the powerhead/battery/charger package minus the steel auger. Right now I’m left with a steel auger that’s likely to sit in my shed for many years to come, and I paid a good $150 for it when included in the 40v package.

B-man

It blows my mind why Strikemaster hasn’t made it a standard option with the 40V.

Are they scared it’s not going hold up? What’s the reason? Any insiders here?

My first year Ion refuses to die, but if and when it ever does, I’ll jump back to Strikemaster if they are the leading edge when that day comes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.