Strike Master Laser Mag 2hp

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Howdy,

I haven’t done much ice fishing in the last several years. And I don’t need an 8 inch hole to catch panfish. So I’m considering selling my Strike Master laser Mag 2horse auger and replacing it with a small hand auger, something on the order of 4 or 5 inches. Any thoughts on who makes the best hand augers? Any idea what the gas auger is worth?

SR

CaptainMusky

Unfortunately that auger isnt worth much with all the electric options out there now. I sold my Solo for $75 a couple years ago.
    I am no help with hand augers however.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you have a drill around home I highly suggest a strikemaster lite flite in 6 inch powered by a drill. Thay are awesome

drewbop
    Duluth

I’ll 2nd the drill recommendation. I use a 6″ lazer from my hand auger unit and it works well. Bought the drill attachment online. It’s great up to a foot or so of ice. Once you have a couple feet of ice, it’s slow going but still worked for me.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

For hand augers Nils is good from what others say. Nils 4 1/2 inch on sale at Cabelas/Bass Pro for $150.
    Strikemaster makes 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 inch hand augers. I have the 6 inch and it works well. Priced between $100-$110 for 4 and 5 inch models on StrikeMaster website.
    There’s another company that sells augers that would be similar to StrikeMaster. They are at the ice show in St. Paul. Can’t remember the name. They are less expensive than StrikeMaster.

I started using my 6 inch hand auger bit on a Milwaukee M18 cordless drill. It shreds the ice very well. The thickest ice I’ve drilled through is 28 inches, no problem. If going this route get the lite flite bit to save some weight.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I got a 6″ Lazer that I use and it works great if you want something hand powered. I suggest checking out that or a Nils. Best of luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.