Cedar River 5/22

• honda75
    Iowa

Fished the cedar above the dam in waverly last friday. Thought we would get one more good day of fishing in above the dam before they drain it to inspect the dam and train bridge. Well the river was still up a bit and a little murky which meant the fish really didn’t want to cooperate. We ended up catching a few small smallmouth and one 7lb blue cat all on twisters. Thinking about heading above the dam now to shoot some carp with the bow!

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

Honda,
    Is that section above the dam deep enough to run a deep v boat? I have a Lund Mr. Pike….and I have always wanted to fish there but have been fearful….so I have always headed to the Miss.
    I kept seeing many trailers at the launch by Nestle in March and April…but just couldn’t pull the trigger and launch there….and I know they must have been catching some Walleyes!
    Thanks,
    Brian

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

There’s more than enough depth for you to head down from the boat launch you are refering to all the way down to the dam in town. Now heading upstream your going to have to start looking out and staying to outside of the river bends of course.

honda75
    Iowa

actually there used to be enough water to go up and down from the boat ramp with just about any boat. We were out there last friday and just before the bend downstream from the boat ramp it is about 1 1/2 foot deep. I was running 1/2 throttle in my 16 foot flat and I started hitting bottom. So it is very shallow right now. Once you get past that point it is deep again. I know my dad has a 16.6 foot lund that he won’t put on the cedar. We use my flat or we don’t put a boat in there.

baldwin4
    NE IA

honda75, see the other day water wasn’t going over the dam. Was in Waterloo yesterday and it looks like the flow is up again

How is it going over in Sumner matura? Still waterfowl hunting?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.