Success!

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

A buddy and I cruised up the Cedar today leaving from the ramp above the Cedar Falls dam. My buddy managed one 10″ smallmouth! Ok, maybe a bit to enthusiastic for just one fish…. No one else seemed to be doing good. I’m just happy my boat starts like a champ and runs great!

I did see two shady charachters on my way back to the ramp… 16ft John boat with a 25hp Evinrude… They had sticks of dynamite…not sure what their plans were…

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Nice day to be out on the river. Even if they are not biting. I went out to the Prarie lakes trout pond tonight. No hits I threw jigs. spinners, But still a nice night to be out.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

WW, what you saw was not dynamite but some new homemade lures that are legal and every bit as effective as dynamite

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Maybe we should think about getting some dynamite if our luck doesn’t change

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Let’s hope the good fishing is working its way down river. I did great at Nashua on Friday, very little in Cedar Falls Saturday. It would help if the river didn’t look like a little creek in the middle of summer.

baldwin4
    NE IA

We could use a little rain. We rubbed bottom a few times with the alumacraft above the dam in Waverly

honda75
    Iowa

you will keep rubbing bottom above the dam in waverly also because the city council is to dumb to get the river dredged out instead they are going to replace the dam with an inflatable dam. It is in the work right now which means all the fishing above the dam will be ruined!!!! This idea is from the same city employee who thought about raising a road in the SE part of the city after the flood of 93 and then in 99 when it flooded again the road made a great dam and flooded that part of the city 10 times worse. Funny after that they lowered the road back down again………… Boy there are some smart people in the world aren’t there and now they want an inflatable dam……..

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

What in the world is an inflatable dam? And how does it work?

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

We’re getting an inflatable dam here in W’loo too. A guy who used to live on the island told me it will raise the water level about a foot at San Sousie. Big deal, now wait for someone to bust up their boat on the wingdam above the island, or worse. . .

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

seriously someone has to tell me what an inflatable dam is. I am to lazy to google it, but I might have to.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

An inflatable dam has an air bladder that raises and lowers the height of the dam depending upon what the powers that be want the river level to be. In Waterloo they are doing it with the idea that the extra 4 feet of water depth above the dam will mean more boating in the river downtown. I hear they used to get the river dredged for free until some City leader decided that the dredging company should pay the City so they quit doing it. Don’t know if that’s true or not, but it sounds like Waterloo to me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.