Report for the last couple of weeks

• sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

I’ve kinda been lax in my reporting for the last couple of weeks due to wedding and work, so here goes. Patterns remain generally the same as they have been the last month, with cranks still taking the majority of our fish, but some fall patterns are starting to emerge, and my boat has taken fish on ringworms, blades, and hair. I included a picture of one taken on a ringie when the water temp was almost 70. The other pattern that has consistently produced for us has been dork rigging current seams, casting or pulling three ways in this faster current would also work, I just find it easier to cover more water more quickly dork rigging. The fish we’ve been catching of late have all been scattered around wintering holes I fish once the temp is in the fifties, so it shouldn’t be long before these fish pile up and really chew!!!

Side note, I added pics of our first Cedar River goose hunt this year, and a slob carp that inhaled a hair jig.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Here’s another couple that I forgot.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

What’s a Dork rig?

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

nice report and pics sean

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Good stuff Shawn!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good report Sean. I know theres a few guys who think there isn’t many walleyes in the cedar but a couple guys I know plus myself know there is. Some may not believe this but I was standing at a creekmouth near town here one day and seen this walleye come into the creek water thats the biggest walleye ive seen anywhere and on any wall anyplace i’ve ever been. This walleye was huge, I mean huge. It came into the warmer creek water from the cooler river water, sensed the temp and swam back out into the cooler dirtier river water. I got a look at it for about 3 to 5 seconds and its eyes were as big as quarters, this walleye was definately the biggest I’ve ever seen anywhere and in any state. I fish just up river from that area right out on the bottom of the main channel because they lay right on the bottom once the river warms up, the water depth right in that area is about 7′ and the bottom goes from covered with small rocks to sand in about a 50 Yrd span. There really is some really nice walleyes in the cedar, a guy just has to find them.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

A dork rig is any rig with Sean in it!!!

Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

Mossy, shhhh…There aren’t any walleyes in the Cedar in CR

superdave
    NE IA

Rugby, your right, there won’t be when the meat hunters find this post.

Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

Supser, Sad but true man. I saw some hero’s taking a whole stringer of 10-11 inchers out the other day, just about made me puke but what are you going to do when there is no length limit. I like the Dork Rig definition. I’ll add mine to the mix. Dork Rig – Anytime that I snag into some freaking circa 1932 line with 25 oz of lead and a rusted hook and say, who was the stupid @@S DORK that snagged that crap there . Typically this happens when I have an $8 crankbait on .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.