Cannon River Chain and Area Waters

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The fishing for walleyes has been slow reports say but the panfish bite has been good. So I am going to do a mixed bag of reporting. Warm weather mixed with high water temps has slowed the bite for walleyes on not only Cannon Lake of the Cannon River Chain but also on the surrounding lakes in this area.

On Cannon along with Shields and Mazaska lakes you will find a good “shallow” crappie and sunfish bite on jigs and minnows in 4-5 ft. of water. Yes, I know thats hard to believe in the warm days we have had but thats where the fish have been found. The walleye bite is slow and the fish are scattered so trolling rapalas will help you to locate the eyes. The muskies on French Lake like the big bucktails.

In the Cannon river you will find the catfish and white bass below the dams in the area. I’ll let you in a secret: Everyone seems to be trying to keep the night bite in the area a secret but I have found out that every morning the bait machine at Fairbault Bait and Tackle has had to be refilled as its been sold out. Now that says something about a night bite if you ask me. So be sure and check out the night bite. Much cooler then too.

And if you aren’t, well maybe even if you are, a night bite fisherman you will find assorted rapalas on sale right now at Fairbault Bait and Tackle to help you find those walleyes and bass that you are after. And when you are done fishing feel free to post on either http://www.fishtheriver.com or http://www.fishthelake.com about how you did, what tactics you used, etc. And feel welcome to ask other fisherman on the message board about their favorite tactics for catching fish in your area. All you have to do is just register, can be under a fake name like “fish-man, etc. Any name is fine if you don’t want to go by your real name, and you will be able to take part on the message board. And guess what-Its FREE! So sign on and have a good time fishing on the FTR and FTL web sites. See you on the water AND on the web sites. Bill

Email Bill Cadwell – [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.