FTR Visitor Pics – A Pair of CPR’d Mega-Browns!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

He’s a pair of photos, sent out to us by Mike Huppert, of himself and his son with a dandy pair of trout they caught on the WI opener.

In Mike’s own words…”I’ve enclosed a couple of pictures from the WI opener to add to your photo page. Fish were caught and released on a little creek in the Ellsworth area, it was my son’s “Sam” best trout opener ever, keep in mind he’s only ten!”

Beautiful fish Mike and Sam! Its amazing the quality of fish that can be caught from such small streams!

If anyone else has a photo or two they’d like to share with us here at FTR, simply send the photo out as a .jpg attachment in an e-mail to [email protected] and we’ll gladly get that posted here just as quickly as we can.

Good fishin’,

EFN Webstaff

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

WAY to go you guys on the very nice Browns, Sam you better be careful on catching bigger fish fish than your dad, sometimes IT”S a long walk home. Keep fishing. Jack.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Wow! Nice fish… did you catch them on lures or live bait? Hope you can tie into them again this year. Thats the beauty of catch and release, you have the ability to catch trophies like those more than once!

JimW
    SE MN

Beautiful fish Sam!! I guess he is hooked for life!!! I hope there are more big ones for him! For most, it would take a lifetime to catch a brown like that in the midwest!!! I would have loved to see his rod bendin’ during that battle!!!! Great Job

Jim W

MikeHuppert
    Western Wisconsin

Thanks Jack! Sam’s favorite T-shirt from Cabela’s shows just that…… My dads fish……my fish!

MikeHuppert
    Western Wisconsin

We were using livebait (1/2 Nightcrawlers) on small bronze hooks. If the hook is anywhere near the gill pallet we cut the line, we won’t take the chance of removing it. Sam had a choice to enter the fish in the local trout tournament, but wanted to release it. Thanks for the kind words.

MikeHuppert
    Western Wisconsin

Jim, there is nothing more exciting than to see kids tie into a big fish, Sam’s fish did put up a battle, he was so excited!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Way to go guys! Really nice looking fish. Keep sending in those fish pics.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.