Shore fishing for chubs and suckers

• dirk_w.
    Minnesota

If anyone is willing to share some prime shore spots were I could take my kids (ages 4 and 7) for a day I’d appreciate it. Looking for an area were the action is hot to keep the kiddies interested. The closer to Hastings the better but I’m willing to drive. The Vermillion in Hastings always produces but I’m looking for some other areas. I converted a old freezer into a livewell and will use them for cat bait. Shoot my a private if you wish and thanks for the help.

JimW
    SE MN

Hello Dirk,

I now quite a few shore spots, but they are more SOuth than what I think your willing to travel?

One is the Pioneer spillway. This incorporates the dike that leads to the alma dam. There are several spots along the spillway and at the dam as well. Good shore spot. THe dike road in between Wabasha and Nelson, Wisc. can be good fishing as well. THere are several spots to park etc. I know others, but they are further south! If interested let me know.

HAve fun and it is wonderful that you take your kids fishing!!! THey will NEVER forget it!!

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Forgot to add, after reading your original post. The first spots I mentioned you can catch everything from walleye to carp. Just off highway 52 in Oronoco(about 30 minutes from hastings) is the Oronoco dam. Below that you cancatch some very respectable carp/catfish, bass etc. Great shore spot!!

Jim W

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.