how was trout opener

• predator_2

Pro V and I made it out for the morning and had quite a few fish. Prov lost about a 20 incher in a deep log jam and I had one about the same size take a poke at a spinner but missed. Beautiful morning on the water….felt good to give the legs a work out.

How did everyone else do?

JimW
    SE MN

I chose to stay away from the………crowds to put it nicely! I fished a piece of non-designated water on Saturday, walking several miles! The water was a little too cloudy. Presentations had to be placed pretty much directly on top of the fish for any action. I did catch trout Saturday, nothing spectacular.

I love to catch-photo and release fish. However I need to refine this method! I have lost too many Dandy trout trying to get a snapshot! This happened Saturday. A nice 18 + browner, smashed my rap and as I fought this fish, I slacked off a bit asking my partner to get the camera ready, not truly fighting the fish.

You see, I like to have the camera ready for a picture as soon as I land the fish, keeping the trout out of the water for a limited amount of time, but….the picture thing has cause me to lose some fish! Think “land the stupid trout first Jim”, then take the picture! A little too gung ho I guess!!!

A beautiful day on the water no less!!

I hope others had fun Saturday as I ?!

Jim W

SWANYJR
    Plainview MN

Trout opener was fantastic, I fished part of the north branch in Whitewater, Mn. It was on private land, and the fishing was great, I caught 17 trout, biggest was a 17 1/2 inch brown, not too big, but he put up a hell of a fight!!! The other 16 trout were nice sized fish, bigger than 10in and less than 16. I also went fishing last weekend, May 4th, and the fish were once again bitting hard, I took Swany, fishing and of course out fished him!!! Trout fishing is the 8th wonder of the world!!!!

Swany Jr

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

JR…..You neglected to say that grandmpa was fishing with us…….And he out fished us both!!!!…Any who some one had to take care of him after that wild 4-wheeler ride you gave us….LOL….

SlimFishin
    Nelson Wisconsin

The trout opener was not worth a [censored] for me but i have a post on what line you should use on small farm streams

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.