SMALLER STREAMS AND RIVERS

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

We are blessed with alot of smaller streams and rivers in the midwest. There are alot of trout streams that keep putting out lots of nice trout year after year. There are also alot of rivers that are small in comparision to the great Mississippi River. One such river that interest me is the Cannon River. It has a small side to it that curves around in spots like a stream and yet is capable of containing alot of nice game fish such as walleyes and bass and even northerns along with other species of fish too. And then there is another side of that river that becomes wide and deeper and it starts to look like a lake yet is really just a wide spot in the river. Kind of like what Lake Pepin is in the Mississippi River. Here we find walleyes, largemouth bass, northerns, white bass, crappies, bluegills,perch, catfish along with carp, bullheads, suckers and sheepshead. A couple of the most popular river/lakes are Sakatah and Cannon on the Cannon River Chain. The largest part of the Cannon River Chain is referred to as Cannon Lake. It contains 1591 acres of water and has a shoreline length of 11.5 miles. This is part of the areas I also would like to focus on in my learning and sharing of information here. I have already learned alot from everyones sharing on the stream fishing and I hope to learn alot more from everyones sharing. You guys make it alot easier for me to be able to catch some some fish close to home when I have a only a few hours and yet need a fishing fix. I hope to be able to not only be able to share fishing information and reports on the Cannon River area but also hope to learn alot from you on your experiences and fishing outings on these bodies of water. As this forum continues to grow everyone will have alot more fishing info to share and can learn from. I am anxious to hear about your fishing experiences on the Cannon River Chain. Thanks, Bill

JimW
    SE MN

Hey Bill,

I haven’t had the opportunity to fish the Cannon river (I have fished Cannon Lake and others along the river’s route), but it has always intrigued me. Main reason I haven’t, I have too much water close to home yet to be “un-earthed”.

So I too am looking forward to a season of new ideas and information on the Cannon River from you, John Eggers and others!!!

Dust off them waders boys and girls!!!

Jim W

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.