2nd Annual Trout Day update:

• JimW
    SE MN

APril 27th at Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park

9:00am

Meet other stream fisherman/share photos stories etc.

10:00am

Lanesboro Fisheries Electro-fishing demo and trout info

11:00am

Flyfishing Seminar by EFN’s John Eggers and others

High Noon Spin fishing Tactics for stream trout and smallmouth by yours truly

Lunch: Bring your own grill and grillables

1:00pm to 3:00pm

Minn Aqua invertabrate sampling and on-going fly-tying demo

3:00pm Door prize drawings

(Registration for door prizes from 9:00am until Noon, must be present for the event to win)

Door prizes include: Prints, rods and gear, Guide trips from around the state and gift certificates from local sporting goods and bait stores.

The times allow for fishing before and after, with in and out side of the park.

Look forward to meeting stream fisherman of all ages!!

Jim Wernimont

If you need directions please ask!

JimW
    SE MN

bump

JimW
    SE MN

JUst wanted to share a brief story. A friend and Master rod builder, Mel Dickie(getting up in his golden years), has battled health issues on and off recently. TOo make this short, when asked about Trout Day, Mel didn’t hesitate to donate one of his fine works of art!!! IF you want to see one of the best Custom rod designers/builders in the Country, check Mel out. He is located in Wild Goose Sports, on the “main drag” in Rochester,Mn.

Come to Trout Day, and you might just win one of his wonderful rods!!

note: check out the Rochester paper the PB either the 11th or 18th for a small write on Trout day in the outdoor section, or keep it tuned here for updates.

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Me again,

There will be 2002 SE MN Trout Maps, Access Maps/booklets, Reg booklets and Minn Aqua fishing/educational materials for youth. Available while supplies last!!! Have about 100, so don’t be late.

Jim

JimW
    SE MN

In response to a need for “Event insurance” posed by park officials, Culver’s restaurants of Rochester has graciously opted to cover these costs for me, in turn being the main sponsor for this years Trout Day!!

WIth a new store recently opened on South Broadway, access to good food to and from fishing SE MN streams/rivers will be a lot easier for fisherman! It is right off Highway 52 out in front of SHopko SOuth!!

If you haven’t tried them out yet, I recommend their Philly steak sandwich basket!!!!! My personal fave!!!

Thanks Steve for not only your sponsorship, but your concern and support for SE MN’s streams and rivers.

Steve loves trout fishing(when/if he can get away from the stores). So when you stop in, say hi and talk some trout!! He’d love it!!!!!

DOn’t forget, today marks the first day of the Catch and release Trout Season on all streams and rivers in SE MN!!!!!!!!!!

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Hope to see you all there!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Great Job Jim!

Anyone who likes trout needs to be going to this.

It takes a lot of hard work to put something like this together.

I will see you there.

John

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I plan on making it again this year too. Thanks Jim.

JimW
    SE MN

Uffdapete,

I still have that Yozouri(sp?) you gave me at last years Trout Day. I took it out once and couldn’t get the greatest action. You’ll have to show me how you rig’er up! Little different than how I rig raps.

For you DUck hunters/trout fisherman I’ll be giving away at least one print from the collection of Richard Plasschaert, 2001 Ducks unlimited Artist of the year, along with some prints on gift cards from the artist Bob White! Plus other stuff that I can’t remember off hand!!!

See ya there!!!

JimW
    SE MN

Less than two weeks!!!

JimW
    SE MN

Check out todays Rochester Post Bulletin on the Outdoors section!!! However for the accurate details you have it here on the agenda! Oh well, at least it made “print”!!!

See YOU all there!!!

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Be sure to tell the park officials that you are there for Trout Day, receiving your discount park admittance.

Jim

JimW
    SE MN

If your concerned about the weather for Saturdays event, there are two fireplaces in the pavillion with half of the shelter completely indoors. So you can stay dry if it is wet out and warm!!!

Heck, if some stay away, better chance at winning one of the many fine prizes!!!

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Just got off the phone with the Lanesboro fisheries office. Sounds like they have quite the demonstration in store for us Saturday morning. Their demo will begin after the hour get-to-gether. The fisherie’s demo starts at 10:00am, so let’s show our DNR guys some support, by showing the numbers of concerned and enthused fisherman!! Bring many questions!!!

See you Saturday!!!!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

This is sure going to be a whole lot of fun!!

Hey Jim, can you throw up that agenda again, ?

Thanks,

JOHN

JimW
    SE MN

Hey all,

All considering, the Second ANnual Trout Day was a success. We had 40 die-hards who braved the elements, some traveling in excess of 4 hours. I was happy to see more youth there this year. The DNR elctro fishing demo was very good this year, increasing the ampage and team, covering more stream for a very educational presentation! MInn Aqua got about 15 people into fly tying!! Nice Job!!!

My thanks to John Eggers /EFN prostaff for is part in the day as well!

Other thanks include:

CULVER’S OF ROCHESTER

Kathy B from Minn Aqua

Steve Klotz from the Lanesboro fisheries office

EFN’s Turk Gierke for his donation from Croixsippi Guide Service

Terry Sojberg /Ace Guide Service Lake Vermilion

Mille LAces Area Guide Service

Gullguide guide service

Brian Jones/ Firstchoiceguide

Gander Mountain of Rochester

The Bait Box of Rochester

Magnum SPorts of Chatfield

SPring Valley Bakery

Jeff Satre

Greg Sargent

Bruce MOsher of Today’s Tackle

Clementson’s Resort on Rainy River

The Drake MOtel of Black Duck

Kevin Linn and Carver Art Gallery of Belle Plaine and Pako Young

Bob White art.

(If I forgot to mention anyone, I apoligize and will soon rectify!)

Might as well plan for next year people! It will only get better! Plus the weather couldn’t get worse now could it!???

Jim W

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.