Waders

• JimW
    SE MN

Curious to know what everyones favorite brand of waders are. I Have gone through many many pair. Wondering what has been the most durable for you? Take into consideration, I walk streams 3-5 days a week, so blowing out waders is commonplace.

I use to have neoprene chest waders years ago, then switched back to the hip-boots. Hippers can be risky during Spring waters, but more comfortable.

Anyone find reasonably priced, durable chest waders? ANyone try any of those kevlar chest waders. They are suppose to be the latest and greatest!!!

Lastly, anyone know of a brand of hip boots with fitted boots??(separate from the waders?)

Thinking Spring!!

Jim W

Anonymous

Ive only worn and only endorse La Crosse Footwear boots and waders. They have an outlet store here in Lax where you can get their top of the line stuff at dirt prices.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Hougie,

Where is the outlet store? I need a pair of both this year.

Pete

Anonymous

La Crosse Footwear Outlet

1320 St. Andrews St.

La Crosse, WI 54601

608-782-3020 ext.592

They have all kinds of stuff their waders galore at discount prices. And they make some of the best boots and waders around.

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Jim,

It seems I spend more time in waders than regular shoes.

I have gone through a lot of waders in the last 30 years.The best that I have found so far is Cabella’s top of the line Gortex.

I have had only one pair go bad, and Cabella’s replaced them the minute I returned them.

As much time as I spend on the stream these waders are worth the price.

JOHN EGGERS

[email protected]

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I picked up a pair of Cabela’s Gore-tex chest waders at their spring tent sale a couple years ago for over 80% off. They’re the most comfortable, durable waders I’ve ever owned. Also have a pair of LaCrosse hip boots that are also very comfortable when it’s not above 60. Warmer than that I’m wanting Gore-tex.

EricNaig
    Cylinder, IA

I use Cabelas 5mm neoprenes and they have been great.

Mainly used duck hunting and cold weather casting for walleyes, thus the thick neoprene.

If I have to walk a long distance and I have the liners in them they do start to hurt my feet. Anyone know of wide sizes for my fat feet?!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.