Stray Cat

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Glad to here that you found the cats home.

My neighbor has such a junky house we get mice every fall. I finally gave up and said we could get a cat to help with the problem. I think he is a dud. He only caught one mouse that I know of and that mouse was already dead in a trap that he brought to my bed side. Last fall I was in the basement when I saw a mouse run across the floor. I looked at the cat and he looked at me with a what do you want me to do about it look on his face. My son has tried training him with toys but he won’t chase anything. He must be closely related to Garfield. The only time he moves is when you are passing by his food dish. Then he will run up to his dish and meow at you for food.

Because your neighbors house is why you have mice ?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    They’re fine if they stay in the house. Once they enter the country side they’re legal game.

actually a felony in some states. our cats are mostly indoor but sometimes our male sneaks out. if he was shot or shot at, the S would hit the F round here. kind of weird that you eat cats?????

If they are a stray roaming the countryside, they aren’t anyone’s pet. They’re an introduced invasive predator and thus they are legal to take. They decimate native bird populations including ground birds such as pheasants and ducks. I have no interest in eating one, but I would like to see more pheasants and ducks so I’ll continue to thin the feral cat population as much as I’m able to. Nothing I can do within city limits but in areas legal for hunting, they can be eliminated.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Shooting cats is a lot like shooting a wolf. The three S rules:

Shoot

Shovel

Shut Up

coffee

-J.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Shooting cats is a lot like shooting a wolf. The three S rules:

Shoot

Shovel

Shut Up

coffee

-J.

rotflol

Good one Jon

JEREMY
    BP

If he had your mentality he would have shot it. Hypocrite

Difference is my dog was either in kennel or house when I wasn’t home. Wandered one time when I was snowblowing. That cat has no leash lives outside been crapping in everyones gardens for 10 years climbing on vehicles ripping up garbage bags. Just assume it was his cause it always comes from that direction. Last straw when I came home and it was pissing on my porch.

genegr
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Best pet ever, Friday night I get to the cabin he’s sitting in the window watching the driveway. Get to the door he’s right at my feet. The runt of a litter of barn cats 10 years ago. Only one that we could catch.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0105.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Glad to here that you found the cats home.

My neighbor has such a junky house we get mice every fall. I finally gave up and said we could get a cat to help with the problem. I think he is a dud. He only caught one mouse that I know of and that mouse was already dead in a trap that he brought to my bed side. Last fall I was in the basement when I saw a mouse run across the floor. I looked at the cat and he looked at me with a what do you want me to do about it look on his face. My son has tried training him with toys but he won’t chase anything. He must be closely related to Garfield. The only time he moves is when you are passing by his food dish. Then he will run up to his dish and meow at you for food.

rotflol rotflol rotflol as i read this i thought you where the actually talking about Garfield.

your real name isnt Jon Arbuckle is it?? or dating a vetinarian are yo!!!!! devil rotflol rotflol

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Sorry to disappoint Glenn, but it is not.

Because your neighbors house is why you have mice ?

He must have an infestation. I won’t see them all year and when it starts to get cold out the traps start filling up. Then nothing again for a year. Everyone on the block calls his house the junk house. He has a bunch of old cars and a boat sitting in his back yard with junk stacked all around it. He is also a hoarder. I had a tree branch fall on my fence and I knocked on his door to see if it was ok for me to go on his property to cut it down and remove it. He couldn’t even open the door all the way and there was a goat path with crap stacked all the way to the ceiling. It’s the only thing I can think of for me getting mice like this.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I should have asked the neighbor if she is still willing the monkey to me.

steelslinger71

We had an old school game warden down here in sw Minnesota many years ago who said any cat he came across more than a quarter mile from a farm he shot on the spot.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Grouse, Is that the cat that chased deer and if I remember correctly chased a fox down the street? As an individual that has 2 cats, those stories cracked me up. Sorry for the lose..

Yes, the Big Cat put a stalk worthy of a cheetah on 4 deer. He had it it all. The form, the grace, the athleticism, the pedigree, the skills. The only thing that 20 pound Tom was lacking was, well, about 100 pounds.

Always wondered what he would have done if he’d have hooked his claws into that deer. Probably would have fallen off outside of Moose Jaw and I’d have had to go pick him up.

RIP Big Cat

Grouse

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I had one just the other day try to block a pellet from my air rifle with its forehead. Poor thing. Its a shame my kids cant find its poop in their sandbox anymore.

yea in my younger years i thought i was a tough guy and would be able to shoot a dog or cat that a stray.

then i got older and wiser……………and thought about what if that happened to be MY pet and how i’d react. ( i dont think well).

yea i cant shoot what i think may be another persons pet!!!!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.