Storm Lake Walleyes

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I see we have a new forum here. My understanding is that Storm Lake is a shallow lake and gets rough so it was named Storm Lake. I also hear that it has become a good walleye lake. Would love to hear about the walleye fishing there and about what techniques work best for catching those eyes.
    Thanks, Bill

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Hey Bill

I heard there was a pretty good sized sewage spill into the lake recently?? Anybody else hear anything like that??

Marc

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Marc,I was just over there on Friday and nothing on a spill that I know of.
    Bill,Yes it is a very shallow lake but they have dug it out to get it deeper in the last few years.
    I’m going to put a post up in the near future about this lake and tactics.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Ryan and Marc. My old fishing buddy moved back to Fort Dodge Iowa from Rochester and Storm Lake is only 60 miles from there I believe. I will be buying a Wisconsin fishing license this year too and might even pick up a Iowa one too. Want to fish multi species and some different lakes too this year. Sure hope nothing was dumped in there. Thats a quick way to ruin a good lake. Thanks, Bill

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Hey Bill

You should ask your buddy about Brushy Creek, it’s down by Ft. Dodge, they say its a heck of a lake. I hope to get there a couple times this year.

Take Care

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I might be a little late with this one, but as a guy who lives on the shore of this lake for 9 months a year, I havent heard anything about a spill on it this year. Early last summer IBP caused a large spill into the lake but that has since been cleaned up. I dont think that the spill hurt the fishing on the lake very much, and now its not having any effect on the fishing as far as I know.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yes I also hear good things about Brushy Creek and have also heard that Storm Lake has turned into a good walleye lake. Please feel free to post how you do and what worked and didn’t work when you fish those lakes. We ALL learn from each other. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.