Storing my new RTIC cooler

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    I’m poor i can’t afford those fancy coolers.

I have the opposite problem. I’m super rich and only use Yeti’s. I hire a service to rotate my coolers and keep them in tip-top shape. 12 hours under UV lights, 12 hours in dry and dark conditions. They even lube the zippers on my soft sided coolers to maintain proper “seal”. They also come over and pre-chill my coolers before trips. Without proper care and preparation what’s the point in spending all the money on these coolers? Like my rich friends always say, “What, are we gonna use Coleman’s?” (rich laugh)

This is why i love this site rotflol rotflol jester

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

i get it, when you have something expensive you want to take good care of it. but this thread is possibly the all time grand prize winner for 1st World Problems.

Must’ve missed that thermostat post….. hah

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Do you leave your fridge or freezer doors open so the seal doesn’t form a memory?

How else would you cool your house…

huntinforfish

Usually store all coolers drain plug out and lids propped open. Only once have I stored a cooler sealed in a warm garage…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I consider my Yeti hopper a giant man purse. I carry it all over town as a status symbol.

While wearing your Under Armour performance shirt, Huk neck rag and Costa-lot polarized glasses?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    I consider my Yeti hopper a giant man purse. I carry it all over town as a status symbol.

While wearing your Under Armour performance shirt, Huk neck rag and Costa-lot polarized glasses?

Yes…and I usually drive there in my heavily financed, nearly brand new crew cab (mini van looking) pickup that hasn’t been used to truly “haul” something that wouldn’t fit in a mid sized sedan.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael C. Winther wrote:</div>
    i have a Coleman and an Igloo. every time i walk by i give them a good kick because i’m so pissed about the fact that they only keep stuff cold for 2 days before i have to…change the ice.

i get it, when you have something expensive you want to take good care of it. but this thread is possibly the all time grand prize winner for 1st World Problems.

I think we should all band together and start a gofundme account to get you a Yeti. Going through life with a Coleman is no way to live!

Matt cover me for a $20 on that cooler will ya. I’ll pay you in 25 years after I pay the boat off.

I gotcha, Dutch. With compounding interest at the low rate of 23.99% you’ll owe me about $7 million dollars in 25 years.

Actually P&I would be around $120.00 with a .40 cent per month payment.jester

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

Yes…and I usually drive there in my heavily financed, nearly brand new crew cab (mini van looking) pickup that hasn’t been used to truly “haul” something that wouldn’t fit in a mid sized sedan.

Almost correct but it’s a G Loomis performance shirt.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

The only 100% safe way to store one of these coolers is to store them inside a larger cooler of the same quality.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

The only 100% safe way to store one of these coolers is to store them inside a larger cooler of the same quality.

Thanks, but then where and how do I store that cooler?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

Thanks, but then where and how do I store that cooler?

I’m having yeti build me a custom, rotomolded storage facility in my basement. It’s made of the same materials as the coolers and approximately 10×12 to store all my coolers. I’ve been told to keep the door to my cooler storage room slightly cracked open at all times.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

Almost correct but it’s a G Loomis performance shirt.

I am such a peasant.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I found one and put it up for lost and found but nobody could acuratly describe it beyond it being white.
    It is now a great dog food bin that sits outside out of the way and the squirls and racoons have not figured how to get into it yet. Best find
    I have come across since that adjustable wrench I found on the side of the road.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.