stone exterior product??

• buschman
    Pool 2

Hi Guys, I am looking to install stone on the bottom 40 inches of my house. This is below the siding. Right now I am looking at using Versetta Stone and will be installing it myself. This stuff looks great and is easy to install but cost is high.

My question is this.. Is there other product out there I should be considering. Versette is nice product but expensive!! Around 17.00 a sq ft. However when you add the wainscot cap and starter strip in it will run the price up to $30.40 per sq ft. I am looking to do 140 sq ft section.. Just wondering if there are better options.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Eldorado Stone is probably the most comparable “competitor” to Versetta Stone. The lead times on these is really getting out there in our area with all the supply chain chaos. We’re going through the same thing choosing how to finish the posts and garage faces on our current build. We opted for real stone on the fireplace inside, but outside are still on the fence.

One thing to note is that there’s not always a huge cost savings going with this cultured stone vs. the real stone. I wouldn’t hesitate to go to your local lumberyard/building center and ask some questions.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Boulder Creek is what I used on my house and fire places in my home. Condor Fire place in Spring Lake park is the distributor/manufacture. They give cash pricing. Ask for the owner Glenda, she is a real fire cracker

MikeV

Boulder creek faststak here. I did my fireplace and breakfast bar.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

For the minimal cost difference, we do all real stone.

Just make sure you have the appropriate barrier behind installed perfect. Additionally, your barriers should extend up past your siding and it’s correctly flashed. Small mistakes show up years later with huge consequences. Rotten walls suck

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Also looking at options for updating xisting ugly & dated orange/brown brick on our house (3′ x 26′). Dated colors and doesn’t match any house colors we are interested in.

Have looked at whitewashing, painting, replacing as options so far.

The brick wall faces north with a 12″ siding overhang; the brick/mortor is in good shape.

Q: Can stone, face brick or cultured stone be installed over the existing brick instead of remvoving it first?

Thanks
    Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.