walleye’s and smallmouth

• wormburner
    duluth mn.

anyone been out for either? haven’t fished the river for about a month. just curious if she’s done for the year? thanks.

Eric Ahlstrom
    Grand Rapids, MN

I personally haven’t been out there since fishing the Gander Mountain championship out there, but I know a few people that fish it on a regular basis. Evidently the smallmouth fishing has slowed down. But they were out last weekend and got a bunch of walleyes while fishing for smallmouth and even pulled in a musky. I am headed up there this weekend in search of a few muskies.

Eric Ahlstrom

wormburner
    duluth mn.

Eric,did you make it out on the river this past weekend,do any good? Are you familar with Twinports Bassmasters,just checking to see if anyone had fished with them this past year? I plan to try the river this weekend,give it one last shot before the boat goes in to hibernation mode.Talk to ya later.

Eric Ahlstrom
    Grand Rapids, MN

Well I didn’t make it out to the river. Instead I went to the hotwater discharge near Grand Rapids and caught a ton of Largemouths. I am a member of twinports bassmasters. i love being able to fish tournies on lakes up north. It has been alot of fun. the presidents is a great guy and I have learned alot. It has been a good supliment to fishing more serious money tournies. We just have a good time with little pressure to do well.

Eric Ahlstrom

wormburner
    duluth mn.

It sounds like you guys did great up there,i talked to JT last week,got some info on the club. I’m considering joining,sounds like a good time and a great way to pick up on some new things! Did you go in as a non boater? I was up there about 3 weeks ago,did good but we didn’t fish the hot ponds,to many boats! Thanks for the reply,i’d like to hear some more about the club?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.