Report for 6/2

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Made it out on the river yesterday…felt great to be back up there! We stayed at the campround near the 23 bridge, so we decided to launch there (verses the Boy Scout landing). Since we were already there, we figured we might as well make a pass or three tolling shad raps near the bridge…the walleyes (males) are still there. We did hear of others catching fish on crawlers up near the dam, but did not pursue, as we were kind of antsy to slide down to #77 and points north of there. Never had to leave that area…we didn’t smoke ’em (by St. Louis standards), but did get 36 into the boat for seven hours of fishing. Crawlers with chartreuse or blaze orange spinners worked the best for us. No piggies, but average size was between 16-19 inches with our biggest at just under 21 inches. Great day to be on the water with friends and catching eyes!

On a side note, if you happen to be staying at the 23 campground, make sure to secure your stuff before going to bed…somebody stole the last of our beer (right from the cooler) and took the cash out of my buddies wallet (inside the truck). The damage could have been much worse I guess…they could have taken alot more and really ruined the trip (I can’t imagine waking up to find that most of your fishing gear has been ripped off). We really enjoy staying there and will definitely not let that stop us from going back, but will have secure our gear a bit better the next time (you wouldn’t think you’d have to worry about this type of thing when sleeping in a tent a mere 15 feet away, but I guess we know better for next time (regardless of where we’re camping).

P.S. Thanks to Jigmaster for sharing information last week…I really appreciate it!

><(((>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.