Video – St. Louis River Update

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Lake Superior St. Louis River Duluth Harbor Walleye – On Ice (#0026)

Grant Sorensen shares his approach to catching midwinter walleyes on the St. Louis River. The shipping season has closed so the entire bay is fair game!

Northlander
    Duluth, Mn/Superior,Wi.

Nice video Grant. Losing a nice fish like that really sucks! Little late now but I usually only run a 12-16″ mono shocker. That way I can use a barrel swivel to cut down line twist when using them spoons and raps that travel and twist so much.
    Sounds like the muskies are coming out to play more and more. I got a nice one a while back and then saw one in the paper today.
    Ice is getting sketchy in spots folks so take caution down there and travel in pairs with some ice picks and extra rope to toss to someone if needed. Stay away from the island below the bridge for sure. Also the end of Connors point is looking nasty.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Yeah muskies and pike lol. I got a pike around 8 pounds yesterday morning and have heard of a few more. I dont think i have got a pike down there in 4 years. I have been lucky enough to not have hooked ay sturgeon this year, lets hope it stays that way ha!

And yes that ice is getting spooky, especially if were going to get that snow/slush today that there talking about. That pressure ridge out in the channel is a bad one too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.