Stickball collection

• donkoehne
    NULL

What’s it worth? I am thinking I should add a rider on my insurance policy. I have a little over 600 different hard baits. Rapalas, Smithwick, Rip raps, etc. They are all separated and labeled in Plano boxes and all have hook bonnets.
    They are in 2 large tackle bags and sit in the front of my boat. I am careful when I am at the launch, etc. but it would be easy for someone to grab them if I got distracted.
    I have tried to included a picture of one box. There are a total of 16 boxes.

Karry Kyllo

I inventory mine every winter. I made an Excel spreadsheet with each bait listed with numbers and replacement prices. I adjust values and numbers if I have to annually and set up the spreadsheet to adjust total value of my hardbaits accordingly.
    For values, I just google the price of each. I use regular prices and not sale prices for hardbait values.
    Hardbait prices almost always increase from year to year so prices on many will have to be adjusted annually.
    It takes time to get it all set up initially, but once you do, it’s easy to adjust as you add or remove hardbaits.
    A photo of each opened box may also be required for insurance.
    I don’t know of any other way to put an accurate value on a hardbait collection.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

A photo of each opened box may also be required for insurance.

Every year I take pictured of my tackle with the boxes open and rods. Try to get serial numbers. I don’t think any insurance agent would believe me if I didn’t have them. Also make sure your insurance doesn’t have a cap or you fall within it. I notice when shopping around for insurance that many of the policies had a $2,000 cap on outdoor recreation equipment.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Stickball is a street game related to baseball, usually formed as a pick-up game played in large cities in the Northeastern United States, especially New York City and Philadelphia. The equipment consists of a broom handle and a rubber ball, typically a spaldeen, pensy pinky, high bouncer or tennis ball. The rules come from baseball and are modified to fit the situation. For example, a manhole cover may be used as a base, or buildings for foul lines. The game is a variation of stick and ball games dating back to at least the 1750s. This game was widely popular among youths during the 20th century until the 1980s.

Brad Dimond

Check your insurance coverage, the documents tell you whether you are insured for replacement value vs. market value and what restrictions exist by asset type. Some assets require a rider (guns and art for example).

It’s worth walking through your house, garage and the rest of your property with your phone camera in video mode. Open closets and drawers, pull stuff out of storage tubs, etc. Make sure it uploads to the cloud. You’d be amazed how much it costs to replace plates, silverware, bookcases and other relatively inexpensive stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.