Stick-on lure eyes for blade baits??

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Anyone out there familiar with the stick on lure eyes diameter for a unfinished 1/2 & 1/4 oz blade bait? Or is there a different eye I should be looking for?

Attachments:
    1. Graphic2.jpg

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I think I use the 1/8 if I remember correctly. Then I add a dab of clear nail polish to hold them on, or they will come off.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Just happened to have a Do-It catalog right here and it says a 2.5 or 5/32″ eye [4mm]. That’s just a hair bigger than the 1/8.

What eye are you thinking of? I put 3d eyes on my blades and then clear coat them with a wipe of thinned down epoxy, not enough to run all over but enough to help seal the edges of the eyes. The flat eyes will need sealing too.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I think I use the 1/8 if I remember correctly. Then I add a dab of clear nail polish to hold them on, or they will come off.

Clear nail polish, I will have to remember that one. I’m sure the wife has a few of those laying around. Thank you

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Just happened to have a Do-It catalog right here and it says a 2.5 or 5/32″ eye [4mm]. That’s just a hair bigger than the 1/8.

What eye are you thinking of? I put 3d eyes on my blades and then clear coat them with a wipe of thinned down epoxy, not enough to run all over but enough to help seal the edges of the eyes. The flat eyes will need sealing too.

This is what I was thinking:
    http://lurepartsonline.com/Stick-On-Lure-Eyes.html
    I was not sure if the 3D eyes would throw off the blade balance.

raynestorm
    Lake Wisconsin

I use the 5/32 3d eyes, they weigh next to nothing, so will not throw bait off balance at all.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

As mentioned the 3d’s don’t hurt balance in the least but do look more realistic. Its all personal preference, just be sure to seal them with something durable.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Thanks guys!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.