State record chase

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

It’s that time! The time of the year where I get to go up to my cabin and hog hunt walleyes, the goal is simple. One walleye 17lbs 9oz. Last year we were a little to early for big fish our biggest was a 22 inch male but don’t kid your self there are monsters out there. Our neighbors caught one 4 years ago that was 35 and a half inches full of eggs, but they didn’t have a scale so they let it go. Our best weekend up there was 33 fish smallest was 24 and the biggest was 29 3/4. I love this trip and truly get jacked up. Good luck out there and be safe. CANT STOP THE CHASE!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ll bite. Are you going to the Crow River?

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Somebody get a GPS tracker on this guy and send me the coordinates. whistling

Bob Bowman
    MN

I’ll bite. Are you going to the Crow River?

Come on now…I don’t need the river full of walleye fisherman while I’m out there chasing cats.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

hah
    Come on now…I don’t need the river full of walleye fisherman while I’m out there chasing cats.

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Well I am back from The Big Chase with an empty record application. We caught a good number of walleyes. However we were to early all we caught were pre spawn males. Our biggest fish was only 21 and a half and the smallest was 17 and a half. We weren’t able to fish as much as we wanted do to high east winds. I hope to give it a try next week hopefully the spawn holds off for one more week. Hope I get to go up next weekend but we will see. Good luck everyone! CAN’T STOP THE CHASE! And no it wasn’t Crow.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

East wind? We had Northwest winds.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.