state fair

• B-man

I’m allergic to masses of people. Side effects include: grumpyness, annoyance, and anger.

I’d rather be on an Island 50 miles offshore on Lake Superior than go to the fair……..

So that’s what I’m going to do yay

Kyhl
    Savage

It’s like walking into Walmart but with 100X more people and they are eating greasy food.

Ha, Nailed it.

I go to Walmart about once a year just to see the Walmartians. It’s free. The Fair, not so much.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll go if there is a grandstand show I want to see. Nothing this year.

METALLICA is the day after it ends! yay yay yay

-J.

Sharon
    SE Metro

To each their own. I know several people who really enjoy the State Fair and have a great time each year. It’s not for me though. I enjoy the Dakota County Fair and the Renaissance Festival. Much smaller, more relaxed, and WAY less people.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

-J.

This. Their last show at US Bank was amazing.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

-J.

Jon and I were at the Bank last time and have VIP for Target Center, 11 day but who is counting!!! Gary Clark Jr at Surly for the following Saturday.

Kid Rock and Rush were great at the fair in recent years.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

Not for me.
    Remember the saying: the pants say yoga, but the A$$ says State Fair.

huntinforfish

I go at least once a year, but usually two to three times. Wife and I take a day off and get there early (like first 10 cars in lot early) and make a day out of it. We are active and enjoy walking all day (15+ miles last year) and trying the new foods. We start with breakfast foods and coffee drinks in the AM and work out way through the day. I used to be a Fair hater, but now I find it enjoyable. Plenty to see and do and if you are not in a hurry, which I don’t know why you would be at the fair, the slow pace and crowds aren’t that bad. I see a lot of mention of cost and being able to find better food elsewhere. I feel that this applies to the standards like curds, corn and fries. Try something new an you may be surprised. If you see a guy in a fishing cap waiting for breakfast at 6 am hanging with a pretty brunette, good chance it is me and I hope you say hi.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The scenery can be distracting at times too. Outside of that, I could give a hoot.

Pictures?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There’s a 0% Chance I’d waste an open day at the fair. I went once about 7 years ago and was angered within 20 minutes by rude people and the overly crowded venue.

That is time where I could be fishing.

…or as the first lady would prefer working at home or down by the buildings where there’s always oil to change, blades to sharpen, tractors to be greased, ditches to mow, brush to be cleared, sheds to be organized, etc. etc.

Sharon
    SE Metro

“RECORD BROKEN! 122,695 people attended Day 1 of the 2018 Minnesota State Fair.”
    As reported by Fox 9 on Facebook.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

might need to make the trek, brothers maple syrup (3 varieties) are getting better grades each year. Be cool to get that blue ribbon!

B-man

“RECORD BROKEN! 122,695 people attended Day 1 of the 2018 Minnesota State Fair.”
    As reported by Fox 9 on Facebook.

That’s like 380 people per acre….

Where I’m going will have around .0002 people per acre (for real) mrgreen (5,000 acres per person)

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve gone 1-2 per year my whole life and now we’ve kept the tradition going with our kids as well. We usually are there by 7:30 on a weekday and leave around Noon. If time allows, my wife and I try to make it back another time to have some craft beers and do some people watching.

I’ll be there tomorrow working and again Monday giving out prizes in the Humana booth. Stop in and say hi and try win a prize.

queenswake
    NULL

Just like fishing, pick your days. The biggest crowds are the last weekend, especially if it has been bad weather beforehand. The biggest crowds I saw a couple of years ago was on the last Sunday of the fair when it had been rainy for the last few days. Holy man was that a lot of people. It was hard to see or do anything.

For people who say it’s expensive, it’s only expensive if you want it to be. If I want to go cheap, there is the booth I know with the $2.50 Hamburgers. All you can drink milk, etc.

It’s fun for me. You enter a different world outside of normal reality and everyone is having fun. It’s hard not to like that.

For the guy asking about boats, yes, the one dealer (must be Frankie’s?) has Rangers out on Machinery Hill. And a couple fish house dealers out that way too. Love the DNR building and pond. I like the MN Bound area too but it’s so damn crowded around there because of Giggle’s.

BrianF

Just returned from eating my way through an afternoon at The Fair.

*burp*

I’m feeling a little sick…

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Headed tomorrow with the fw and kids. Become a tradition it’s a lot more fun going with kids.

Getting soft pretzel, beer, and cheese curds.

Wife’s getting wine, gyro,fried pickle curds. Probably have to carry her out of there.

roger

I’d rather waste my time and money fishing then at an over priced cesspool scam they call the state fair! Once was enough!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I feel so much less alone now that I know others hate the fair as well. I felt un-Minnesotan, but it felt silly to pay good money to eat crap and ogle farm machinery.

We quit going for a number of years after a fat woman riding a “mobility scooter” t-boned my 2-year-old son in his stroller. No, really. I had to drag the fattie off of my son’s stoller after she confused the throttle with the brake. She then accused me of elbowing her in the face, which I denied completely by stating that had I really elbowed her oversized gob, her head would have been laying in the gutter over yonder.

We went again 2 years ago. After spending about $3 trillion dollars on rides, I asked my kids what their favorite ride was. The eldest said sitting on the giant Case IH tractor, the youngest said sitting in the combines.

The fair. You can have it.

Grouse

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

^^^Making memories Grouse! How can you put a price on that??? On a serious note, I hope your kid was ok….

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I lucked out. I talked the wife in to cat fishing all night didn’t come back till 430 this morning. Now she is to tires to want to go to the fair today. And we won’t have time this week. Plus we are leaving for lake of the woods Thursday so I made it another year

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

talked the wife in to cat fishing all night didn’t come back till 430 this morning

waytogo waytogo

glenn57
    cold spring mn

With the weather forecast as such, we are opting out and trying next weekend.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’d rather be on an Island 50 miles offshore on Lake Superior than go to the fair……..

So that’s what I’m going to do

I did both in a week. coffee

404 ERROR
    MN

I went yesterday…first time in over 10 years. I’ve had my fix for the next 40…

Ended up spending about $65 between parking, admittance and food. The daughter loved the DNR pond, and so did I. The FW pretty much had to pry us away from the viewing window. I knew the second our time was up at the pond that it was going to be miserable. The rest isn’t for me…

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

… cheese kurds…

Those must be new. I take it they’re at the international bazaar. Do they have some kind of curry seasoning?

ozzyky
    On water

Fried green tomatoes and corn fritters with honey butter are tough to beat at MN state fair.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I asked my kids what their favorite ride was. The eldest said sitting on the giant Case IH tractor, the youngest said sitting in the combines.
    Grouse

Mine would have said the ride home in the truck waytogo

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

To think I could’ve stood in line for a corndog this weekend, instead of enjoying these views. Crazy talk

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20180825122554120.jpg

catmando
    wis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    talked the wife in to cat fishing all night didn’t come back till 430 this morning

waytogo waytogo

Missed the morning bite !

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.